free hit
counters
First Evora - think I've found the one! - Page 4 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

First Evora - think I've found the one!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looking sweet!

Done deal pretty much. Just sorting the finance - collect next week once a few niggles are fixed! .. please don't gazump me ;-)

Deposit paid!

Posted Images

Thanks all! Absolutely loving it - can't get over the handling and noise! Little blips on the IPS down shift are just awesome.

more pics and vids to follow over the weekend

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Evening all. Thought I should report back now I'm a few weeks into ownership. I should take a few more pics and videos but it's been impossible keeping her photo worthy with all the shitty weather!

So my thoughts after a few weeks...

What a car! So far it has exceeded my expectations and I don't have an ounce of regret for choosing it over the alternatives I was sizing up. It gets so much attention which has taken a little getting used to after driving a fairly anonymous bmw 1er but it seems like the 'right' attention if you know what I mean! All the bits the reviewers slag off are surprisingly good - interior feels premium and well built, seats are superb. Engine is strong and has a nice power delivery to it. It turns out the exhaust is the Lotus sports exhaust (made by Jansport according to the guys at Westover) and I love the look of it and the howl at mid to high revs. I'm not so sure I like the noise it makes when cruising about but you can't have it all. I'd be intrigued to hear a standard exhaust at some point to see if it's worth switching it back and flogging it on. 

A few little things are annoying me.. The wiper mechanism is noisy and it steams up very easily. Also annoying me is my business partner who keeps trying to find reasons his new Audi SQ5 is a better bit of kit... I'm not rising to it though ?. Oh the windscreen washer jet is also crap but think that might be a fault rather than a poor design. 

Thin that sums it up for me. Thanks everyone here for the advice before I took the plunge. Forums like this are a big part of why I like to choose the less mainstream option! 

Thanks again

Dave

• Like 2
  • Gold FFM

Sounds like you need a new business partner of he thinks an Audi Q5 is a better bit of kit. I look at a Q3, Q5 or Q7 and all I see is this crap.

q5.jpg

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

I have to agree the interior exceeded my expectations ten fold when all you hear about is poor quality. People actually stop to let me out at junctions in the lotus! It does get a huge amount of attention. Glad you love yours as much as I love mine.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Sounds like you need a new business partner of he thinks an Audi Q5 is a better bit of kit. I look at a Q3, Q5 or Q7 and all I see is this crap.

q5.jpg

Hah - you have a point! Think he's just a little jealous ?

22 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

I have to agree the interior exceeded my expectations ten fold when all you hear about is poor quality. People actually stop to let me out at junctions in the lotus! It does get a huge amount of attention. Glad you love yours as much as I love mine.

Yeah I get the same at junctions!

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I think people can appreciate the Evora as something nice but not something that you've bought to show off with or lord it over people etc. I also seem to be avoiding the "how much did that cost you mate" line of questioning which is nice ?

Glad you're enjoying it Dave, and sorry I missed you on the day.

You're not a million miles away from me - so if you fancy hearing the stock exhaust then I'll happily meet you half way.  It might also be worth hearing the noise my wiper motor makes, as I can't say I find it intrusive at all.  Yes, unfortunately they do steam up a bit.

I think that you've hit the nail on the head here:

20 hours ago, 62dave said:

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I think people can appreciate the Evora as something nice but not something that you've bought to show off with or lord it over people etc.

I genuinely believe that people really do know that you've bought the car for how it drives, rather than as a status symbol.

Hi Dave - cheers I'd appreciate that. I might be in Southampton on Saturday picking up some parts for my Elan if that's convenient?

I imagine early afternoonish. Happy to come to you as its not far of my route. I'll drop you a message tomorrow to confirm if thats ok?

CandleLight.jpg

:lol:

Sorry!!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

On 5 January 2016 at 06:24, 62dave said:

Hah - you have a point! Think he's just a little jealous ?

He's a lot jealous Dave and is trying to bait you to convince himself he has a good car. Just let him rabbit on and nod your head. :yes: 

I still remember what my daughter told me when I dropped her off at school one day in my Esprit. A guy she knew looked at her and said "Lotus. I wouldn't buy one of them."

My daughter just looked at him and said "Don't then." (couldn't have done it better myself)

• Like 2

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

• 11 months later...
9 minutes ago, blueg33 said:

I am going to be the next owner of this car, deposit paid, collecting before Christmas.  Can't wait. 

Will hopefully sell my car this morning. 

Great news. 

(edited, as I thought I was in a different thread....)

• Like 1