free hit
counters
First Evora - think I've found the one! - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

First Evora - think I've found the one!

Hello all,

first post as I'm very close to choosing an Evora. Been considering F-types and Caymans but there's something about the Evora I just can't resist. I've currently got an M100 Elan which might explain it.

ive found this little beauty at Westover in Poole. http://www.westovergroup.co.uk/lotus/used-cars/5275523-lotus-evora-v6-s-sports-racer-2-2-ips-350-bhp/

Does anyone know the car and its history? It seems pretty unique in that colour from what I can tell. Seems reasonably priced but looks like it's been for sale for a while. It's still pretty new and has plenty of warranty left but I just wondered if there is anything I need to be aware of that you guys might be able to give me the heads up on.

thanks in advance!

Dave

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looking sweet!

Done deal pretty much. Just sorting the finance - collect next week once a few niggles are fixed! .. please don't gazump me ;-)

Deposit paid!

Posted Images

Once you test drive you'll be sold Dave, go for it. There have been a couple of Daytonas up lately, not sure if this is one of the ones discussed recently. Same spec though different colour to mine (white) awesome cars. DO IT!

:D

Cheers Colin. I took it for a drive yesterday. Very impressed. Interior better than I'd be led to believe. I was also a little worried about the IPS gearbox but that was awesome too.

Took an F-type out this morning which was lovely but not the same sense of occasion.

Hi Dave,

There are two issues that I can see, both of which are down to preferences.

It's IPS, so an auto, some people love it, some not so much.

It's Daytona Blue, which is a marmite colour and one that doesn't photograph well, you really need to see the car in person to know whether you will like it or not. I would say in the photos above they have got it looking a bit darker than it comes across to me in real life, where it appears more of a baby blue.

If you can live with above then all is good!

Cheers,

Jon

Cheers all. 

Jon - you're right. Looks much lighter in the flesh which is even better for me but can see it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea. Comment on IPS makes sense given some of the reviews. Maybe I should check out a manual car before I take the plunge.

You know what I was gonna ask about the exhaust as it looked different to the pics of other evoras. I'll have to see if there are any details on what it is to see if it's a decent replacement for the standard one

To answer the OP, yes, there is plenty of history about that car on this forum. That was originally a Lotus company car which was put up for sale a few months ago. More specifically, it was Martin Donnelly's company car. 

I took a shot of it in June on a day that he was doing some instruction at Bedford. 

AB826CC0-32C7-4C00-83FC-03E8E995F0C2_zps

And, no, the car didn't come out with us on track. 

Lotus Motorsport will be able to tell you more about the car, I imagine. 

Welcome to TLF Dave. :welcome:

You could do a lot worse than that car, I could imagine.

You should duck over to the Introductions thread and say hi in there as well. :)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Thanks guys. All the help and info is very much appreciated! Such a welcoming and positive response makes me even more keen to get myself the Evora!

Once I've sealed the deal I say hello on the introduction thread mentioned above by Mr ramjet.

Daytona Blue was not a sports racer option ( I think) so its a unique car. Nightfall Blue was the option when I bought mine.

Lovely colour though Laser Blue is still my favourite.