Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
MJK, exclusive photo's and Info - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

MJK, exclusive photo's and Info

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Notice how MJK has to be deferential to his influential guests; in the Toyota pic he's breaking his neck not to tower over the President, and the JPS motorfair pic he's down off the stand for the benefit of HRH Kent! (Notice Lord Montagu peeking from the sidelines?)

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

it's great to have such a visual record of his long-standing great contribution. It's a wonder though that somebody so tall (and I'm not short) should be so long with a company that produced cars where anybody 6' or more had problems, it's like Cadbury's being headed by a person allergic to choccy.

• Gold FFM

:thumbsup:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Great pictures and thank you. Looking forward to the book to add to my collection, and feel this one will be special.

Will your Father be signing any copies please?

Martin.

I was privileged to spend some time with MJK during the Classic Car Show. An enthusiast and a gentleman.

A copy of the Excelnet calendar will be auctioned on eBay shortly, signed at the NEC by Mike and Oliver Winterbottom, to raise funds for children's charities via the Sporting Bears. 

Love the pics, thanks for sharing - always like looking back at 70's/80's fashion too - wow, that fabric guys checked Jacket! That Japanese launch 2-11 looks the business - I need to go and find some more shots of that paint job...

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

Thanks for sharing the photo's we are also looking forward to getting a copy of the book, which i'm sure will be a very good read not only for us Lotus fans but anyone with a motoring interest.

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

I came down to that Castle Combe meeting (2005?) especially as MJK was going to be there as a guest of the Elite Register. I really wanted to meet him (and get him to sign a book or two). He seemed surprised at the time that people remembered him from "the old days", as a lot of old staffers still are. He was really busy judging etc. but promised to come over later and check out my Esprit and have a chat. As the day wore on I figured he must have been waylaid, so was preparing to leave when he came wandering over. I apologised and explained why the engine was running, but he said "always fulfil your promises". He struck me as the complete gentleman I always hoped he would be, and an an inspirational boss (as he would be very shortly afterwards for the second time at lotus).

Missed out on meeting Kimbers Jnr at the same meeting, I think we had been corresponding buying some of his Ebay Lotus totter! He did however promise to check out this forum and join, for which I can only humbly beg forgiveness from everyone here...

Been looking forward to this book for a while now, can't wait to see it hit the shelves.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Thanks.....I think :P 

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Tony - wow, great stuff, thanks for sharing.

I guess the casual observer might think it would be great growing up with the legend but I guess to you he was just 'Dad' at the time (and probably still is btw).

For very different reasons, my Dad was similarly 'awesome' but in fact for the most part growing up, I found it difficult to live in his shadow, it is only as I've got older, I appreciate what he achieved and what he sacrificed along the way - we now have a really good relationship - of course, it helps that he loves my new Elite :)

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

So we are both Ant and both live in Norfolk.......It sounds like we both have the same dad and similar experiences growing up with them hmmmm....do I have a split personality disorder?

:) Totally with you Brother from a different mother! I was the only one who followed in his footsteps and likewise had a tough time growing up. I remember one year I saw him for a month out of the whole year. Like you we have slowly got closer over the years and I must say that the more I learn the more I am both proud and amazed he fitted everything in :)

Most people would consider working on the design of the E-Type V12 a lifetime achievement but he had to then add the XJ13, Europa TC, Elite, Eclat, Esprit etc etc etc all the way to the Evora and Exige V6 to his list before retiring. I too can't wait for the book!

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)