free hit
counters
BLOWER FAN MOTOR - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a Smiths blower? If so, I know the person who now owns all the Smiths tooling and designs, and produces replacements. I can ask him. A picture of the complete unit would help.

Brilliant Giorgio! That's a lead. A German automotive manufacturer, have been producing since 1956. THANK YOU VERY MUCH http://www.wocogroup.com/Startseite.8.0.html?&L=1

I'm thinking that Woco made the housing for a German electrical parts supplier..? So it could be Bosch or OEM for Volkswagen, Audi or BMW. I will keep looking. Two you say? Ok, I'm up for the challeng

Posted Images

Same as used on Elites and Eclats. I got replacements from Lotusbits but couldn't find them anywhere else new.

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Is it a Smiths blower?

If so, I know the person who now owns all the Smiths tooling and designs, and produces replacements. I can ask him. A picture of the complete unit would help.

• Like 1

Has anyone got any manufacturer/part numbers/any sort of identifying marks at all for this particular blower motor unit? It's common to all Esprits from 1976 to 1987 and I would like to get this into my heater blower thread. I'm happy to spend a while digging around for cross references/replacements etc. as this part is now getting rather long in the tooth and there will probably be an increasing demand for substitutions in the coming years. I also see above that Elites and Eclats used them as well (I will try those guys too).

Just to note that the clockwise and counterclockwise versions are Lotus part numbers are A075P6058F and A075P6056F respectively.

Thanks

Alan

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

6 minutes ago, giorgio67 said:

Dismantled one report WOCO and some number but stamped on the plastic case.

I will take some better pics tomorrow of the complete unit.

Brilliant Giorgio! That's a lead. A German automotive manufacturer, have been producing since 1956. THANK YOU VERY MUCH

http://www.wocogroup.com/Startseite.8.0.html?&L=1

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, swindon_alan said:

Brilliant Giorgio! That's a lead. A German automotive manufacturer, have been producing since 1956. THANK YOU VERY MUCH

http://www.wocogroup.com/Startseite.8.0.html?&L=1

Edit: Hmmm. I think that they might have just made the casing, not the motor :(

7 minutes ago, giorgio67 said:

Seeing the actual website I doubt they will be of any help but......Please find two for me!!!   

I'm thinking that Woco made the housing for a German electrical parts supplier..? So it could be Bosch or OEM for Volkswagen, Audi or BMW. I will keep looking. Two you say? Ok, I'm up for the challenge B-)

• Like 1

This is driving me nuts. I have looked at thousands of images on Google relating to cars around in my Daily Express 1975 Motor Show Review and nothing remotely similar. Well perhaps Audi. Ish.

Can someone take their S1-3 Esprit apart for me and have a look at the labels on their blowers please? ;)

I'm thinking that this might be a lost cause. Giorgio, can you take lots of photos of the casing from all angles for me and provide measurements for the overall dimensions and particularly the outlet size that sits in the recess on the bulkhead. Along with any fixing hole positions. I reckon I can find a modern replacement...

:detective:

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, giorgio67 said:

I'm doing the same, anyway after a week of search I can say that the Ford Fiesta ,early models, are pretty the same, not identical but the top part of the assembly is  the same. Worth a look...

I've been through all of the German Ford models of that era Giorgio and nothing looks similar.

Mk 1 Fiesta:

http://www.fordopedia.org/parts-catalog/fiesta-mk1/A4.42

I reckon I could find a whole unit replacement instead of mucking about trying to find the original design.

The design of the unit is a bit weird because usually a double-motor unit has two separate outlets, one for the passenger side and one for drivers side, with switches for each.

But this has the two motors blowing into one outlet which they use for the extra speed settings, ie one motor or both, and the series resistor switched in or out. Clever in fact. It might be a Lotus-only unit made up of bought-in motors and other parts.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Andyww said:

The design of the unit is a bit weird because usually a double-motor unit has two separate outlets, one for the passenger side and one for drivers side, with switches for each.

But this has the two motors blowing into one outlet which they use for the extra speed settings, ie one motor or both, and the series resistor switched in or out. Clever in fact. It might be a Lotus-only unit made up of bought-in motors and other parts.

Has anybody got a wiring diagram for the fan switch and blowers please?

7 minutes ago, swindon_alan said:

Has anybody got a wiring diagram for the fan switch and blowers please?

Yes I posted it earlier in one of the other heater blower threads:  http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/79032-heater-motor-help/

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Andyww said:

Yes I posted it earlier in one of the other heater blower threads:  http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/79032-heater-motor-help/

Thanks Andy :)

3 hours ago, giorgio67 said:

I think will be easier to find a complete replacement part with housing too. I need to check the blower assembly instead of motors size. 

Yes, as requested earlier Giorgio, if you could measure up the whole unit that would be helpful. I think that there is probably a current SPAL unit which will do the job, their range is quite wide.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

I have a spare motor. these are the only markings in it. Don't know if they're any use? Sorry the pic's not great 3970181 is the number.

IMAG0116_zpso0v6vmpz.jpg

• Like 1

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009