free hit
counters
Lotus sport exhaust - Page 2 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

I have one of these on my CR. Caveat - it was fitted at the same time as a TRD air filter so not exactly a LFL swap.

Personally, I love it. The car is definitely louder than stock under acceleration. However it's not intrusive when on the motorway.

Also saves weight, looks a lot better than the standard (imho) and keeps the car OEM. 2bular is probably better, but that's a lot to like...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a picture of my Lotus sports exhaust had the tips coated black by zircotec. Not sure if it's any louder than stock as had it fitted from day one. The twin pipes look so much better than the pig

Hi there, alas not. Both my little ones were unwell last weekend, which meant I didn't get to take the car out. Will try to get something recorded this weekend. In the meantime, here's a photo of

I've not bothered changing now - will just keep it standard. However, it's a shame just the tailpipe can't be changed as I too dislike the standard pigs snout look.

Posted Images

No videos yet I'm afraid.

I will try to do an in-car video this week, probably Saturday or Sunday. Drive-by is more complicated. I'm in Sevenoaks most weekends and I think there are a number of fellow V6 owners not too far from here. If anyone's up for making a comparison video do send me a pm.

Yes, sorry I meant the valves on the stock exhaust, as people were saying earlier on the thread that the sports exhaust is louder than the stock exhaust with valves closed, but not when the stock ones are open.

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/2/2016 at 22:18, T8TUM said:

No videos yet I'm afraid.

I will try to do an in-car video this week, probably Saturday or Sunday. Drive-by is more complicated. I'm in Sevenoaks most weekends and I think there are a number of fellow V6 owners not too far from here. If anyone's up for making a comparison video do send me a pm.

Dear Blaine,

did you get the opportunity to make a video ? 

Thank you

Hi there, alas not. Both my little ones were unwell last weekend, which meant I didn't get to take the car out. Will try to get something recorded this weekend.

In the meantime, here's a photo of the exhaust fitted to my V6CR. (The photo was taken after a detailing by Paul @ Autocurators)

IMG_2219_1-1500x1000.jpg

• Like 2
  • Gold FFM

Those two pipes just look so right, why does Lotus fit that awful triangular exit thingy cover on the standard "s" exhausts?

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

10 hours ago, T8TUM said:

Hi there, alas not. Both my little ones were unwell last weekend, which meant I didn't get to take the car out. Will try to get something recorded this weekend.

In the meantime, here's a photo of the exhaust fitted to my V6CR. (The photo was taken after a detailing by Paul @ Autocurators)

IMG_2219_1-1500x1000.jpg

Oh my days that looks so fricking awesome! Gorgeous car you have there and I note the rear tow strap - How easy was that to install?

How are you finding the exhaust in terms of sound is it much louder than stock? Why Lotus continue to do this stupid lambo replica pipe rather than the twin pipes is beyond me this looks soo much better

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

Thanks for the warm words chaps :) I've had the car six months now, and as you all know the V6 Exige is just epic in all its guises. 

Imran - the tow strap was supplied and fitted by Lotus Silverstone. IIRC it was 2/3 hours labour. 

I love the sports exhaust: Louder than stock when using the right foot, unintrusive on the motorway, saves about 4kg in weight, looks great and keeps the car OEM. 

The only thing I have noticed is fewer pops and bangs than the std. This might be a function of the sport zorst being newer. On my car the std backbone got progressively livelier after the car had done about 1,000 miles. Hopefully the sport will do likewise. 

2 hours ago, T8TUM said:

Imran - the tow strap was supplied and fitted by Lotus Silverstone. IIRC it was 2/3 hours labour.

I just installed one this morning, and would agree with the timings.  It's a bit fiddly, but there are worse jobs!

If anyone is planning on DIYing it, bear in mind that the bracket you attached to the rear of the subframe is not quite symetrical...

Dave

I looked to get the Lotus exhaust before Christmas - want to keep stuff as OE as possible.

Spoke to my dealer who apparently in turn spoke to Lotus - lotus told them that there's not much point to the sport exhaust as it's actually quieter than stock.

I thought it a strange thing to say, unless it's actually true?

'....it makes every other roadster look just a little bit cissy...'

The Lotus Sport exhaust seems to have conflicting feedback ref noise levels.

It would be invaluable if someone who has one of these exhausts could get a db measurement or attest to passing track day limits at circuits such as Oulton Park or Bedford.... If the db is track friendly then this could be the exhaust of choice for many as the others on offer i.e. 2bular, KT, Larini have no chance and hence stopping people to upgrade from OEM.

www.alias23.com

Thing is, if it's no louder and not much different to OE then there's no point spending £850.

And whilst I much prefer the tailpipes to the pigs snout, it's not worth that much money just for the aesthetics 

The other aspect is the potential weightsaving such a thing may bring, which some people seem to find an attractive proposition, irrespective of whether they can exploit it or not. But yes, I struggle to hear a great difference in any Cup 360 video I watch.

Agree for some, but once I get into the car any weight saving is pretty much null and void :ermm:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arun_D said:

The other aspect is the potential weightsaving such a thing may bring, which some people seem to find an attractive proposition, irrespective of whether they can exploit it or not. But yes, I struggle to hear a great difference in any Cup 360 video I watch.

Arun - you have PM....

• Like 1

I understand that this is the same as the 360 Cup exhaust right? Then if that's the case then we could compare the that to the stock V6s as well.