free hit
counters
Lotus sport exhaust - Page 4 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Hi guys, does anyone know how to add localised video distortion in iMovie?? I've created the video but don't want our respective number plates plastered all over the internet.

In the meantime, I attach the audio file. NB - there are some sections of silence where the video has a title section. The timings for the aac file are roughly:

8 - 34 seconds - Arun Cup, Std exhaust

38 - 1:05  - Tom V6S, 2bular

1:10 onwards - Blaine V6CR, Lotus Sport exhaust

I think consensus on the day was the 2bular sounded best.

ExigeV6ExhaustsAudio.m4a

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a picture of my Lotus sports exhaust had the tips coated black by zircotec. Not sure if it's any louder than stock as had it fitted from day one. The twin pipes look so much better than the pig

Hi there, alas not. Both my little ones were unwell last weekend, which meant I didn't get to take the car out. Will try to get something recorded this weekend. In the meantime, here's a photo of

I've not bothered changing now - will just keep it standard. However, it's a shame just the tailpipe can't be changed as I too dislike the standard pigs snout look.

Posted Images

Email/Dropbox me the file and I'll do it in Premiere Pro if you like?

[email protected]

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

:hrhr:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

7 minutes ago, T8TUM said:

It's not that exciting Tom :P I've already told everyone who won!

There's a difference between receiving a letter saying you've earned a medal, and being awarded it infront of all your adoring fans. ;) 

And yes. Yes my ego is that insatiable. 

• Gold FFM

"The Ego is strong with you young Kalli. May the full bore be with you..."

imgres.jpg

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

A good meet up at Newlands yesterday.

Kalli boosted his ego

T8TUM discovered how to lock his car :thumbup:

I discovered I paid too much for my 'ticking relay fix'.

Back on topic, all three sounded awesome. Sports exhaust did sound slightly muffled/softer. Kalli could be heard in the next county....

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ROJ said:

A good meet up at Newlands yesterday.

Kalli boosted his ego

T8TUM discovered how to lock his car :thumbup:

I discovered I paid too much for my 'ticking relay fix'.

Back on topic, all three sounded awesome. Sports exhaust did sound slightly muffled/softer. Kalli could be heard in the next county....

County or country?! :D 

I actually really liked the Lotus Sports though - it was certainly softer. Mine was raspy, like an old man coughing down a megaphone. T8TUM was more like barry white having feedback down the telephone. 

Bibs tells me he's up for a little video editing. The video file is currently uploading onto his dropbox account.

I think there've been some fair assessments on the respective exhausts. 2bular raspiest. Std less raspy. Sport - meatier. I thought they all sounded good. 

Roj - the alarm started playing up again as soon as I got home :angry:

Update - the file size seems to have been causing problems.

I've created a 540p version, which is about a third of the original 1080p movie in size.  Hopefully Bibs will actually receive it this time...

2 hours ago, T8TUM said:

Bibs tells me he's up for a little video editing. The video file is currently uploading onto his dropbox account.

I think there've been some fair assessments on the respective exhausts. 2bular raspiest. Std less raspy. Sport - meatier. I thought they all sounded good. 

Roj - the alarm started playing up again as soon as I got home :angry:

Arg! Sorry to hear the alarm has gone foobar again. :(

I guess RTFM again, check all panels and boot firmly down. If that fails, get her back into Silverstone.

Awesome work guys! The sports exhaust does sound a bit softer but with a more solid, deeper growl. No question who the winner is though, when my warranty runs out looks like I'll be upgrading my Sports Exhaust to a 2bular :)

Well you'll hate what I'm about to say....

when i I spoke to my dealer, the 2bular didn't affect the warranty :D 

Get at the order in :D and tell Jim Tom sent you :) 

• Like 1

Where did you order from? B&C currently offer an option of a 2bular fitted for free if it's 'in the order'. Might be worth looking at. 

From my local dealer here in the Philippines who just set up shop last year. They're pretty green so every time I have an inquiry about the warranty or an option for the car they need a couple of days to revert back to me. Truth be told I get way more answers here than from them on even the most basic stuff B-) 

Not that I mind, I really took my time with it anyway. When the car is GBP120k it only makes sense!

In terms of aftermarket exhausts... Kreissieg interests me as well. I've heard of some people saying that their systems don't offer any weight savings although I never saw any numbers to support it. They do seem to sound phenomenal from the video however so it might be worth a look. Plus the bonus is that living in this part of the world, shipping would be a lot cheaper than buying 2Bular. To top it all off, I ship stuff regularly from Japan for my business.

I've spent 2 hours creating tracking masks in After Effects and it's a massive ballache to do I'm afraid. Have sent Tatum a message to this effect.

Evora NA

Thanks for the message Bibs. I was assuming that it was easy to draw a rectangle over the number plates in Premiere and just use that as an overlay. In iMovie it's easy to use an overlay, but the ballache seems to be actually putting anything on that overlay :angry: