free hit
counters
Lotus sport exhaust - Page 3 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Here's a picture of my Lotus sports exhaust had the tips coated black by zircotec. Not sure if it's any louder than stock as had it fitted from day one. The twin pipes look so much better than the pigs snot of the factory box.

Richard

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a picture of my Lotus sports exhaust had the tips coated black by zircotec. Not sure if it's any louder than stock as had it fitted from day one. The twin pipes look so much better than the pig

Hi there, alas not. Both my little ones were unwell last weekend, which meant I didn't get to take the car out. Will try to get something recorded this weekend. In the meantime, here's a photo of

I've not bothered changing now - will just keep it standard. However, it's a shame just the tailpipe can't be changed as I too dislike the standard pigs snout look.

Posted Images

hello,

I got the car yesterday. My first feedback is the sound is quite intrusive on highway/autobahn/autoroute. With the running period, I don't go above 4500tr but for me the sound is good. I have no comparison with the standard exhaust. From a design point of view, no comment, it's so much better. 

That looks beautiful. Definitely no question that it looks so much better than stock. Sound is really subjective to what we're used to and what we're expecting. Some people are reporting less noise, while others, more. Should change as you rack up the miles too anyway :)

• Gold FFM

Can they be attached as .wav files or similar on the forum (like you do with pictures) as I hate using external file download sites....

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Today, myself, T8tum and Kalli took the opportunity at the Newlands Corner meet to record our exhausts (standard, sports exhaust, and 2bular), so standby for some video from T8tum.

• Like 1

I'm equally keen. I know who won the decibel contest, but i'm more keen to see the vid comparison :D We had a couple come back up the hill to ask if it was us making 'all the noise'. Putting on our defensive stance, she then came out with 'we thought it was a McLaren. Sounded amazing" :D Her husband was equally enamoured. 

• Gold FFM

Who won the decibel contest - come on, we're hungry for all the sordid little details ;)

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Well - keep in mind we're not from the Guinness book of World Records and didn't have access to the full sound recording - but did have access to a very highly regarded app....

V6 Standard (Exige V6 Cup) - 87.00 db

V6 Sports ( Exige V6 Cup) 87.8 db

2Bular Valved ( V6S Coupe) 92.4 db

What might be interesting to some is that my 2bular is so loud when on loud, my dash cam can't actually record it! But when on silent, it's quieter than OEM. :D 

• Gold FFM

Lol - just your assessment via your ears would have done - better than any highly regarded app!

Nice - so the 2bular would work on a lot of tracks then and wow, +5db is actually quite a lot - much much louder.

Just looked at the 2bular Website... they strongly discourage track use ... too much stress on a closed valve?!?  Though this doesnt really look like a track alternative...

I am curious anway on the Video... cant wait to hear the difference ;-)

Edited by NW76
  • Gold FFM

Out of interest guys what's the best product to use to clean the external steel finishers on the exhausts. I have the Lotus blue tipped ones and don't want to rub the blue off (if you can, I have no idea, literally clueless....)

21 minutes ago, NW76 said:

Just looked at the 2bular Website... they strongly discourage track use ... too much stress on a closed valve?!?  Though this doesnt really look like a track alternative...

I am curious anway on the Video... cant wait to hear the difference ;-)

Correct - mine is the 'road' version. There is a 'track' version, which is slightly different. 

Plus, I doubt mine would pass many a track day noise limit :D