free hit
counters
Lotus sport exhaust - Page 5 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

It should be that easy! You select the 2 edges with some high contrast so it knows where they are and use that to create a rectangular mask. That then computes the motion of that area nicely as it happens but the issue is that when the plate moves out of shot you need to do it again, and again, and again. I got halfway through the first one and lost the will to live after 2 hours at it! Take a tripod next time :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a picture of my Lotus sports exhaust had the tips coated black by zircotec. Not sure if it's any louder than stock as had it fitted from day one. The twin pipes look so much better than the pig

Hi there, alas not. Both my little ones were unwell last weekend, which meant I didn't get to take the car out. Will try to get something recorded this weekend. In the meantime, here's a photo of

I've not bothered changing now - will just keep it standard. However, it's a shame just the tailpipe can't be changed as I too dislike the standard pigs snout look.

Posted Images

T8TUM - would you be opposed to the numberplate being shown? I'm not overly worried - obviously we need all three of us in agreement :P If not, would you mind sending/posting a clip of mine? Keen to see/hear it from the outside :D 

If you post the vid with the number plates on show, I'm sure we'll all promise to close our eyes.

:)

'....it makes every other roadster look just a little bit cissy...'

I'll admit to being the paranoid one then! Will make a new version with Tom & Arun's cars on show, but mine blacked out. 

Tom - the audio file I uploaded is literally the video as recorded by my camera minus the moving images. The audio will therefore be the same in both versions.

I guess Kreissieg is out of my list. They just told me that you can't track the car with their exhaust, it's been known to fail when it reaches higher temps. :(

• 2 weeks later...
On 22 March 2016 at 19:09, T8TUM said:

I'll admit to being the paranoid one then! Will make a new version with Tom & Arun's cars on show, but mine blacked out. 

Tom - the audio file I uploaded is literally the video as recorded by my camera minus the moving images. The audio will therefore be the same in both versions.

What's happening with this video T8TUM?

I'm sure all of the other boys and girls would like to see it. If you need a hand, send me a private message and I'll pull it together.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My unit is almost done at the factory and I was just informed by the dealer that Lotus is installing a new kind of Sports Exhaust on my Sport 350, along with a newer version of the Triple Bypass Radiator. I was told that the new sports exhaust has a switchable valve already. 

If what they did with the exhaust note of the Evora 400 is any indication towards the direction of this piece of development, then you can bet it's making the wait for my delivery even more agonizing!

I asked for pictures, will post it here when I get them :)

Very strange, the picture they gave me is the one that is in the BRG Sport 350 in their website, with the pig snout. They're claiming the sound is the main difference and the addition of a valve on their "sport" exhaust as well. I personally can't stand the look of the pig snout and asked them if they could just give me the older sport exhaust instead. Does it even sound any different to you guys in their promotional video? I don't even know how people who avail of that option would be able to tell if they actually got one if it looks exactly the same, especially for first time owners like me. :ermm:

Well, 6 months on from starting this thread, I've just bought a sport exhaust from a nice chap off here.

Well worth it if just to get rid of the awful standard snout.

Also bought a SSC induction kit, but probably won't get either fitted for a few weeks.

• Like 1

When changing from the OE valved exhaust to the sport exhaust, what do I do with the existing vacuum pipe?

• 3 months later...

I have re-read all these pages but, personally, I am convinced that its noise is not as "bad" and "horny" as a 2bular or Larini or Ktec ...

But there is a chance to do something (a change) to make it sound better ? more aggressive ?