free hit
counters
Lotus sport exhaust - Page 6 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

I've replaced my sports exhaust with the KT valved one, and I think the sports is a deeper sound.

The KT is quite muted until higher up the rev range, but it pops and crackles more than the sports but not as much as the Tubular.

'....it makes every other roadster look just a little bit cissy...'

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a picture of my Lotus sports exhaust had the tips coated black by zircotec. Not sure if it's any louder than stock as had it fitted from day one. The twin pipes look so much better than the pig

Hi there, alas not. Both my little ones were unwell last weekend, which meant I didn't get to take the car out. Will try to get something recorded this weekend. In the meantime, here's a photo of

I've not bothered changing now - will just keep it standard. However, it's a shame just the tailpipe can't be changed as I too dislike the standard pigs snout look.

Posted Images

Quite happy with my sports exhaust as well, much better than I had anticipated. I'll probably keep this and change my manifold and de cat my system when my warranty is close to running out. 

On ‎28‎.‎09‎.‎2016 at 11:18, Rancid said:

I've replaced my sports exhaust with the KT valved one, and I think the sports is a deeper sound.

The KT is quite muted until higher up the rev range, but it pops and crackles more than the sports but not as much as the Tubular.

But in the end you have mounted an exhaust Ktec or 2bular?

• 1 month later...

yep :wub: ... and it sounds even better in real life ! that's exactly what I was thinking yesterday, having a good blast with mine : I never found a proper rending video, allowing to hear the engine sound in action ... it often sounds harsh, whereas it is a symphony IRL ! On IPS, the autoblip is a real joy when the car is trashed, and it sounds even better with the KT exhaust ... not even  mentioning if sound hits the mountain walls :P !