free hit
counters
Lotus sport exhaust - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a picture of my Lotus sports exhaust had the tips coated black by zircotec. Not sure if it's any louder than stock as had it fitted from day one. The twin pipes look so much better than the pig

Hi there, alas not. Both my little ones were unwell last weekend, which meant I didn't get to take the car out. Will try to get something recorded this weekend. In the meantime, here's a photo of

I've not bothered changing now - will just keep it standard. However, it's a shame just the tailpipe can't be changed as I too dislike the standard pigs snout look.

Posted Images

No, race pack keeps the standard exhaust. It's a Lotus Racing part. Same non-valved  dual-titanium tipped jobbie that people have fitted to Evoras, and now features as standard on the Exige 360 Cup.

There's a thread somewhere about it in the Exige section. A coupe of LF1 owners have fitted.

Ive spoken to a couple of owners that have these installed. By all accounts they are slightly louder than the standard exhaust with the flap open but not as loud as Larini or 2bular and obviously dont have the valve to quieten it when required. Ive only ever heard one once and it was ok but not amazing.

Even though I was offered one of these for next to nothing I decided to get the Larini instead

1 hour ago, Crouchy said:

Ive spoken to a couple of owners that have these installed. By all accounts they are slightly louder than the standard exhaust with the flap open but not as loud as Larini or 2bular and obviously dont have the valve to quieten it when required. Ive only ever heard one once and it was ok but not amazing.

Even though I was offered one of these for next to nothing I decided to get the Larini instead

Thanks for this.

Can you give me an idea of what you paid (and fitting) and where you got it from?

Cheers

'....it makes every other roadster look just a little bit cissy...'

On 8 December 2015 at 15:57, Crouchy said:

How much is next to nothing and from where? I prefer the twin pipe look and arguably not looking for a louder sound as keen to still keep under track db limits

www.alias23.com

• Gold FFM

I'll be upgrading from the Titanium Tipped Lotus Sport Exhaust box in the New Year and after cleaning it up it will be in the classifieds in here at a good price! As these are Motorsport Items they should be fine on track re noise limits and they do sound good!

Can't believe there aren't a few of these knocking around after owners have upgraded to 2bular etc.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

34 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

I'll be upgrading from the Titanium Tipped Lotus Sport Exhaust box in the New Year and after cleaning it up it will be in the classifieds in here at a good price! As these are Motorsport Items they should be fine on track re noise limits and they do sound good!

Can't believe there aren't a few of these knocking around after owners have upgraded to 2bular etc.

Why the upgrade?

Are the fittings and hangers the same on the Exige / Evora?

• Gold FFM

Want full system - manifolds through and after speaking to Jim the new manifolds etc could literally blow the stuffing out of the sport box, so makes sense to change whole system really plus an extra 25-30bhp.....

I think it is the same exhaust, but that needs verifying by someone competent!

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

3 hours ago, C8RKH said:

What mileage has your Lotus Sport exhaust done, Can I have 1st refusal ?

21 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

IIRC, the Lotus Sports exhaust is manufactured by Janspeed.

Certainly is, but on the Janspeed website there doesn't seem to be a Lotus fitting.image.jpeg.9f1f90a8390914086d0758404e9c2

• 4 weeks later...

Had an interesting conversation with my dealer - I mentioned when my car was in for service that I was looking to put on the Lotus sport exhaust - he called me today to say he'd spoken to Lotus and they told him it's actually quieter than the standard one.

Apparently due to having the valve on the OE one.

Can't be right, can it?

• Gold FFM

It could well be true on the "S" engined cars. On the Evora NA that is not the case though.  The Sports exhaust is considerably lighter I believe and you would probably get a better result using the 70mm system from 2bular and at probably the same or better price than the Lotus sport exhaust.

I've no doubt the 2bular is better from what I've seen and heard, but it's over £400 more expensive than I can get the Lotus one for.

If the Exige V6 is interchangable with Evora then try this company called Cybrand 0151 343 0330 and ask for Jerry.

Have a listen to this video clip, it's not very long the exhaust bit and I didn't really get chance to rev it properly but you should get the picture.

The price isn't fixed yet but I reckon around the £600 mark. They also make decat pipes for around £100.

• 4 weeks later...

For me the twin pipe looks better than the stock exhaust.   I asked for the price to add it to the 350 sport. But if the sound is less louder than the standard exhaust it's frustrating. 

Edited by geartox

I've not bothered changing now - will just keep it standard.

However, it's a shame just the tailpipe can't be changed as I too dislike the standard pigs snout look.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here's the only video I could find. Sounds decent enough and yes I'm most likely doing this on the Sport 350 as I don't like how the current stock one looks too...

Here's a link to the catalogue and a screenshot of the Sport Exhaust option

https://issuu.com/lotuscars/docs/racing_brochure

Screen Shot 2016-02-19 at 12.27.23 PM.png