free hit
counters
The Donald. - Page 13 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As one of the Americans who converses here, let me get this out of the way.  Whew.   YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY.       There are  many things to say and consider.  We won a big one.  It's scar

But at least he didn't start a war, legal or otherwise like the previous Presidential trend before him. Every cloud and all that. I'm no Trump fan (to be honest reasonably ambivalent as it's your

Congratulations USA 

Posted Images

Trump has been given  a fairly important job to do and it seems to me that he is an imbecile.  One thing comes out of his mouth or twitter account  and 6 hours latter he contradicts himself.  If he were a 6 year old child it would concern me, in a grown man its worrying and in the president of the US  its terrifying.  If you want to be the president one of the criteria should be that you can act like a adult at least.

Forget what he looks like and imagine he is a 14 year old boy in the playground .   His lack of ability to self regulate fits.    Its almost like nobody has ever said "no Donald, no you cant do that just because  you want to ".  Most adults realise there are things you can think but you shouldn't really say even if your not under the scrutiny he is. Yet it doesn't seem to stop him. 

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

Hmmm. Lack of ability to self regulate. Well, unlike a large majority of the population in the western world, myself included, he seems to have done a good job of being able to regulate his alcohol limit to zero for his ENTIRE life.  That's not a bad bit of self regulation in my book.  He also has never smoked nor taken drugs - and this has been well investigated. So again, inability to self regulate. Really?

As for his tweets, well, I guess that's just something we will need to get used to. I mean, at least he did not plan and play out what looked to me like a wilful act of the deceit of the nation when he staged an "off the cuff" video interview on a packed train. Something that a future hopeful leader of the UK found no problem with doing. And whilst we're on it, that same individual seems to change his mind and stance on policy more often than I change my underpants. 

Shall we talk about other world leaders like the ex Italian PM (on more than one occasion) who thought nothing of bribery, corruption and orgies as a way to behave whilst in power?

We could talk about the leaders of Argentina and Brazil and their corruption. Where as shall we go?

Again, it is early days, and I think we should all  make a pot of tea, calm down and watch and observe. Let us judge him on his actions as President. I think you will find he will probably be one of the hardest working President's for years and the first into the office each day. probably helped by the fact he does not deal need to deal with a hangover or a hacking cough like the rest of his population!

Only time will allow us to judge how good he was, has been.

• Like 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

After hearing all the accusations of sexism, racism, and misogyny against Trump over the last few months my wife commented that "Pffff, he sounds just like a normal bloke to me."

Trouble is in today's world of tv - where every single person it seems in early evening soaps like emmerdale is confused about their sexuality - the old norms of rugby changing room banter gets lost.

in its place are complex discussions about the relative merits of the addition of glitter into paint and face creams for men

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Yes, and as a result it forced Lotus to offer the Evora as a +2 too. All that whinging of it not having a cup holder was nothing to do with cups, it was where to put the glitter face cream!

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

I see some lass has popped out of the woodwork and is setting about legal proceedings regarding sexual assault or harrasment ?  Not sure how you get on for bringing a case like this against the President of the United States,   

Maybe he can just do want Clinton did when he lied in congress under oath about the sex scandal with his office hand in the white house. 

A

• Gold FFM

I did not think it was with his hand in the white house.  Just saying....

• Like 2

"And whilst we're on it, that same individual seems to change his mind and stance on policy more often than I change my underpants."

Nonsense.

No-one can possibly have that many underdungers, unless your surname's Primark?

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Hmmm. Lack of ability to self regulate. Well, unlike a large majority of the population in the western world, myself included, he seems to have done a good job of being able to regulate his alcohol limit to zero for his ENTIRE life.  That's not a bad bit of self regulation in my book.  He also has never smoked nor taken drugs - and this has been well investigated. So again, inability to self regulate. Really?

Shall we talk about other world leaders like the ex Italian PM (on more than one occasion) who thought nothing of bribery, corruption and orgies as a way to behave whilst in power?

We could talk about the leaders of Argentina and Brazil and their corruption. Where as shall we go?

I think I would rather someone who had the odd drink but understood the need to have their act together at the right time.    He should fit right in with the rest of the world leaders.   One of his problems is he comes directly after a president who  was a class act and behaved as you would expect one should. He might have had an easier ride after Bush junior.

• Gold FFM

I agree that Obama was a class act. However, I do not think that he will go down in history for the legacy that he leaves behind from the 8 years he had in power.  It might go down in history, but not for the reasons he wanted.

I truly believe Obama was a breath of fresh air. An outstanding orator and statesman. But let's be honest, he has not left an outstanding legacy.

If we look at his foreign policy and defence outcomes it is a disaster. It can be strongly argued, and is, that his policy on Iraq and killing of Bin Laden pathed the way for ISIS and the current stretch of terrorism that ISIS has been sponsoring. His inability to reach out to, and control Russia gave us the annexation of Ukraine and the situation we now see in Syria.  Despite some lame attempts, he has failed to project US power in the Pacific allowing the Chinese to re-assert their superiority and exert the power in the region like never before. Hmmm, hardly a ringing endorsement of his foreign policy.

What about at home. Well, the economy is growing, but at a very slow rate and the financial crisis happened under his watch I believe. The poor have got poorer under his watch in the US too, with many of the jobs created being in the middle bracket.  i guess we have Obamacare. A truly worthwhile and humanitarian response to the desperate plight for many Americans when it comes to getting the healthcare they need. However, it was racked with battles and beset with issues and whilst the principle was absolutely correct, the end result, is, well, not a lot.

So, a great statesman and great orator and in my opinion a great man. Just not an effective leader of the free world and the worlds largest economy.

What makes people think Trump will do any worse? It could be argued that he couldn't do much worse and could achieve a lot more in half the time. It seems to me that Trump has spent the first couple of days in the Whitehouse in an industrious manner. Rising and starting work early and finishing late. His advisors will get in tow, where it matters, but I bet you in 4 years time we will see a different America, and not necessarily a bad one.

He is right to counter Putin and Russia. He is doing it in a smart way. He is getting closer to the bully, rather than antagonising him. That's much smarter in my mind than Obama sending troops and missiles to Putin's back door in poland. That's just poking the bear in my mind.

He's pissed off China. So what. He has not done enough to dishonour them, he has just tried to remind them that they need America, in particular, America's consumers, to buy their goods. The Chinese are smart, they'll play a long game. This gives Trump the chance to focus on the big bear, Putin and Russia.Feels pretty smart to me.

He's had a pop at Europe and he's had a pop at NATO. AND ABOUT BLOODY TIME TOO in my humble opinion. Europe and NATO have taken the complete piss when it comes to funding and standing up to their obligations and commitments and defence. His stance to call them out and hold them to account is quite right. Why should America come running in Europe when Europe has failed to do its bit for decades?  Again, is this the policy of mad man? I don't think so.

He's signalled that America is not going to be the big interventionist any more. Well, after GW1, GW2, Syria, Vietnam, and others I'm bloody glad about this. After all, apart from in just about every case making matters worse, what was achieved by all these things apart from many deaths and regional instability for years?  So again, is the policy of a mad man or the policy of someone who wants to focus on getting his own countries shit in order?

The list can go on.

So, whilst I would not have voted for Trump, and whilst I would not wish to see him as my leader. I do believe that we need to give people a chance.

All I am seeing is "one liners" being thrown around as to why he is a bigot, a racist, an idiot, or worse. Let's actually put some brain power into the deabte and maybe, just maybe, we will realise that whilst he might not be the best canddate for the job, the alternative in Clinton was not exactly a match made in heaven either, and the past holders of the post of Leader of the Free World have not exactly set the world on fire (or, you could say quite literally that they did!).

The slogan and song in the 80's was "Give Peace a Chance". Maybe for today, it should be "Give Trump a Chance".

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Haha. Very good. 

How about "the only way is Trump, baby" or given the dark forbearing clouds of expectation we could have "it's raining Trump".

Still think he needs a chance. After when Blair got in everyone thought he was the golden child. Now, with the benefit of time we realise he was "Damien". Lol.

• Gold FFM

I for one hope he stops grabbing them and starts sticking it up em.

once he's done the German witch he can move onto the Scottish one

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Hopefully stopping in between for the French one. After all it won't take much.

2 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

I for one hope he stops grabbing them and starts sticking it up em.

once he's done the German witch he can move onto the Scottish one

Have you seen his missus? He won't be bothering either of those two old munters.

• Like 2

Margate Exotics.

18 hours ago, C8RKH said:

What about at home. Well, the economy is growing, but at a very slow rate and the financial crisis happened under his watch I believe.

While I agree with much of what you wrote with regards to his foreign policy the financial crisis happened under Dubya's watch which also created the Iraq situation. Obama had to deal with the financial crisis which he did quote well. Unless you think that the financial crisis took 5 months from start to burst.

10 hours ago, march said:

Wow - It's now 'Alternative Facts' from the Whitehouse.:scared:

I think he wants to antagonise the mainstream media. It enhances the them and us attitude of his core support so they will only go to the al right sources for their news.

• Gold FFM

I agree with you re Obama did not "start them", what I meant was he had 8 years to fix them and did not do a great job of it.  I think it is a crying shame that Obama did not achieve more. I do not fault him, I genuinely think he tried, but he was hamstrung, handcuffed and resisted every step of the way by the "hidden order".

I think with Trump, he is just gonna' try and barge right through it. i think he is hitting the media now, right at the start, to reset the relationship and for the points you raised in your post above. I think you are correct in that this will only serve to bolster his image amongst his supporters. After all, was it not Fox news, if not another one, he was blanking during his campaign?

Again, is he being smart or an idiot. I honestly do not know which way to call it. Again, time will tell.

The difference is that for the next two years at least, Trump will have a legislature that should, at least in theory, be relatively supportive. Having said that, there is a lot of inertia in Washington, and even Republican representatives may not back some of his wilder plans.

Obama, having set such high expectations, was always likely to fall short in what he could achieve. We can only hope that the same happens to Trump!

• Like 2

I love the fact he has poo poo'd global warming as natural. You can hear all the tree huggers and "Enviromentalists" who make a living off perpetuating a lie screaming as they lose their jobs!

I just did a quick check and, do you know there are over 1 million people employed in the UK alone in renewables and Enviromental jobs? 

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, Kimbers said:

I just did a quick check and, do you know there are over 1 million people employed in the UK alone in renewables and Enviromental jobs? 

And in tony blairs reign - that number would have been considerably higher based on the fit payments that were available

Only here once

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Obama was also the First black president so that would of brought plenty of African Americans out that would not normally bother to turn out, So no doubt in my mind Obama would of had a bigger turning out,  Add to that the fact of people rioting on the streets, the threat of  trouble brewing and the cold weather would also add the fact why not many turned out.  

Most people probably back home in their back yards building fall out shelters for this up and coming world war 3 that they reckon Trump is going to cause. :P

A

It's not the size of the crowd, it's the guy at the beginning!! 

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.