free hit
counters
The Donald. - Page 15 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

A Politician friend of mine (Yes one that is bearable to talk to) has pointed out that this is all bluster and smoke and mirrors. An Executive order has absolutely no power in America as the Constitution requires Congress to ratify any Exec Order and this is never going to happen with virtually any of his executive orders. And unlike the UK where a Whip can force MP's to toe the party line this just doesn't and can't happen in the US!

As such I pointed out to him that Trump is either:

1: Clever and knows all this and will use it against both liberal politicians in future and as an excuse for not getting anything done.

2: Insane and will become the first US Dictator using Congress's refusal to do what they are told as "Opposing the will of the people", disband it and really start going full on nut job

3: Very Clever: Use Congress not pushing through his Executive orders as "Opposing the will of the people" and threaten Congress with things he can change unless they approve what he wants.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As one of the Americans who converses here, let me get this out of the way.  Whew.   YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY.       There are  many things to say and consider.  We won a big one.  It's scar

But at least he didn't start a war, legal or otherwise like the previous Presidential trend before him. Every cloud and all that. I'm no Trump fan (to be honest reasonably ambivalent as it's your

Congratulations USA 

Posted Images

13 hours ago, USAndretti42 said:

What's the matter with the man?  Proclaiming he had the biggest crowds ever at an inauguration, and claiming he would have won the popular vote if wasn't for illegal immigrants voting when there are facts disproving the former and it indicates very little anyway and there is no evidence for the latter.  With him proclaiming to be the champion of the working man, he could have easily said that his supporters could not afford to travel to DC or couldn't get the time off.  No big deal but, instead, he has to make a big deal as his vanity always wins over judgement.

He may be smarter than you think. While the media focus on these utterly inconsequential areas nobody is probing him about the lack of divestiture of his businesses and the nepotism of employing his family.

1 hour ago, Kimbers said:

An Executive order has absolutely no power in America as the Constitution requires Congress to ratify any Exec Order and this is never going to happen with virtually any of his executive orders.

I am no sure this is true, although I am far from clear on this matter. In fact from what I have read it bis highly unlikely any of is Executive orders will be stopped. The best simplistic explanation I have found so far is:

http://news.sky.com/story/executive-powers-what-president-donald-trump-can-and-cant-do-10742110

He strikes me as man who normally gets what he wants with that been forcing peoples hands under duress or under the table deals,  Lets face it, if you manage to become President of the United states you have to have pretty good tatics.  He knows what the people wanted to hear with the likes of banning Muslims, building a barrier between mexico and getting industry back in America rather than abroad.   

Same as Brexit really in a way, the people wanted less imigration, a wall between us an Europe and no more EU rules on industry.  

Things are either going to go pear shaped or peachy for us both.  Given time i think the Amercians may be praising this man in a few years much like the Anti brexit brigade are starting to slowly come round to brexit not been that bad.  

But like someone else on here posted, they always look forward to seeing what he has done each day, normally at the moment by putting his foot in his mouth about something,  but he is an intresting charector there is no denying that. :)

• Like 1

A

• Gold FFM

$12bn for that wall! Jeez, which builders did he use, Cheatham and Bodgit plc.?

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

U.K. Public sector wall builders consulting ltd - with assistance from the association of NHS trust directors :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Only here once

11 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

U.K. Public sector wall builders consulting ltd - with assistance from the association of NHS trust directors :thumbsup:

All you need now is for him to take over Worcester County Council planning!

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

Herefordshire chap - we are covered by those numpties.

on the plus side - it has now transpired they lied about their 5 year land supply. Game on!!

Only here once

13 hours ago, Mark Blanchard said:

How cosy.  Get a room!

hands-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqAp6fGfPcjG

He missed!

This is a bit scary and reminiscent of tactics used in the '40s.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-publish-weekly-list-crimes-immigrants-commit-refugees-aliens-executive-order-us-a7546826.html?cmpid=facebook-post

Good on him i say for the publishing of crimes   :thumbup:  Hopefully may make the leftys see that they are not all sweet smiling children that we see on the headlines !  

Well done Mr Trump,  hope he makes May consider doing it also 

A

• Gold FFM

Funny how this went largely unnoticed. Imagine if Trump had said it.

"The Dutch prime minister, Mark Rutte, has published an open letter to the country’s citizens ahead of elections in March, telling anyone who cannot respect its customs to leave.

People who “refuse to adapt, and criticise our values” should “behave normally, or go away”

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Let's jump on the petition bandwagon, and ban Trump from coming to the UK..........................:animier:

...........................and then watch the much-needed US/UK trade deal go straight down the plughole.:cry:

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

What we are missing on the BBC is balance. He has more support in the USA than is being reported and that's a fact 

Course a load of champagne swigging elite actors and actresses - who let's face it fully understand the struggles of the average joe. 

That lot need to get stuffed - it's about the people at the bottom not being represented by those at the top. These folks whinging just add to the problem 

• Like 2

Only here once