free hit
counters
The Donald. - Page 26 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Did you just steal that from my FB page? 

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As one of the Americans who converses here, let me get this out of the way.  Whew.   YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY.       There are  many things to say and consider.  We won a big one.  It's scar

Congratulations USA 

But at least he didn't start a war, legal or otherwise like the previous Presidential trend before him. Every cloud and all that. I'm no Trump fan (to be honest reasonably ambivalent as it's your

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

One thing I don’t get from this glacially slow vote counting in some states is why they keep drip-feeding updates with interim results. What purpose does that serve? Only the final tally counts (or should do!).

It varies from state to state. Nevada and Arizona are now giving updates once or twice a day at the most. I believe Georgia and Pennsylvania are still working on Election Night policy.

Later,
Eldon

11 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Postal voting again coming under suspicion. It’s a method that seems to being widely used to skew elections. We’ve seen it in the uk - now it appears we have dead folks voting in the US.

It’s about time postal voting was banned.

Reality Check

Jack Goodman

Posted at 18:0118:01

Fact check: Dead people can’t vote

Viral tweets alleged that dead people were casting votes in the key state of Michigan, adding to a Trump-led chorus of unproven “voter fraud” claims.

Michigan authorities now have hit back, calling the rumours “misinformation” – and noting that votes from dead people are rejected.

The viral tweets supposedly identified people who had cast an absentee ballot despite being born at the turn of the century and having passed away.

One of the men in the posts seems to have been mixed up with his father, now deceased, who shared the same name and address, according to the Politifact websiteLocal officials in Michigan told the website that the son’s ballot was erroneously attributed to the father.

We’ve seen other isolated cases of allegations of “dead people” voting – most also explained by family members with the same name, or technical hitches, such as voters being instructed to enter a dummy date of birth if they can’t initially find their voter registration record online.

The rumours have been repeated by influential accounts, including those of the president’s son Don Jr – who of course also shares a name with his father – and the UK's Brexit Party leader Nigel Farage.

• Like 2
  • Gold FFM
5 hours ago, tim_marra said:

🇺🇸 is becoming a laughing stock.

Has been for years

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

I don’t understand Why is it difficult for half of the US population to see who Donald Trump is.  Do they really think a self-centred, selfish egotistic person to be interested in their wellbeing and interests?  His behaviour is always “transactional” - what is in it for me?

his speech last night highlighted he did not care about the people or US as a country, he knew that he lost but wanted to start a civil unrest and take the whole country down with him.  His speech showed a 10 year old throwing a tantrum because he did not get what he wanted.

i just hope that the media stop all the media coverage of him and people stop paying attention to all his tweets.

I find it fascinating how almost 50% of the people in US voted for him in 2016, and having seen how he behaved over the last 4 years .... the chose to vote for him again?  He must doing something right I guess but I just could not see what exactly it is!

i don’t live in US but so glad that Joe Biden is about to bring long overdue normalcy back.  Having experienced what fascinating politics is like, I much prefer to old boring politics.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, 100th_Idiot said:

Michigan authorities now have hit back, calling the rumours “misinformation” – and noting that votes from dead people are rejected.

Dunno if I believe that or not. One things for sure - if voting in person is the only option then it makes it really hard for dead folks to vote.

• Like 2

Only here once

3 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

makes it really hard for dead folks to vote.

But makes it difficult for the elderly, infirm and those susceptible to CV19 to vote.... or they could become the dead ones voting.

To sway a vote would require 10's of thousands of fabricated votes. If it were that easy, both sides could do it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Absolutely - but the simple fact it’s up for manipulation makes it plain wrong to me. Labour have been found to be involved in vote rigging postal votes in certain areas of the uk.

• Like 1

Only here once

1 minute ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

It took America far less time to send a man to the moon 51 years ago, than it did to count their election votes now, yet they still claim to be the greatest country in the world.

USA is in the final stages of being the most powerful and important nation on earth. The future is Asia.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, slay said:

I don’t understand Why is it difficult for half of the US population to see who Donald Trump is.  Do they really think a self-centred, selfish egotistic person to be interested in their wellbeing and interests?  His behaviour is always “transactional” - what is in it for me?

his speech last night highlighted he did not care about the people or US as a country, he knew that he lost but wanted to start a civil unrest and take the whole country down with him.  His speech showed a 10 year old throwing a tantrum because he did not get what he wanted.

i just hope that the media stop all the media coverage of him and people stop paying attention to all his tweets.

I find it fascinating how almost 50% of the people in US voted for him in 2016, and having seen how he behaved over the last 4 years .... the chose to vote for him again?  He must doing something right I guess but I just could not see what exactly it is!

i don’t live in US but so glad that Joe Biden is about to bring long overdue normalcy back.  Having experienced what fascinating politics is like, I much prefer to old boring politics.

From reading a couple of articles, they classify Trump as a Con-Man. Therefore, the people he has conned do NOT want to admit that they have been conned. Some of his former aids actual admit that they were conned and it took them years to realized and accept it because they did not want to admit that they could or were being conned.

Later,
Eldon

Anderson Cooper on CNN's comment:

"That is the president of the United States. That is the most powerful person in the world and we see him like an obese turtle on his back flailing in the hot sun, realizing his time is over, but he just hasn't accepted it and he wants to take everybody down with him, including this country."

(sounds like the typical murderer's statement to his ex ..If I can't have you nobody can)

Edited by comem47
  • Like 1
  • Gold FFM
9 hours ago, machine7 said:

But makes it difficult for the elderly, infirm and those susceptible to CV19 to vote.... or they could become the dead ones voting.

To sway a vote would require 10's of thousands of fabricated votes. If it were that easy, both sides could do it.

If you were elderly, went to vote, voted, contracted COVID, then died before the result, would your vote count or be rejected?

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

If you were elderly, went to vote, voted, contracted COVID, then died before the result, would your vote count or be rejected?

Shirley the ballot paper does not reveal the voter? aka it will count.

36 minutes ago, tim_marra said:

Shirley the ballot paper does not reveal the voter? aka it will count.

All ballots are traceable back to the originator - Even in the UK, should anyone with the right authority wish to, they can trace back to the original voter to find out who they voted for - it is not a truly secret ballot. 

There was an interesting comment by Richard Osman on The Last Leg - Apparently Trump can resign, Pence will take over and at the end of tenure Pence can pardon Trump of all previous offences. It will be interesting to see if this actually happens.

6 hours ago, C8RKH said:

This actually happened and they removed her vote. She absented voted because of her illness. She then died before election night.

37 minutes ago, march said:

There was an interesting comment by Richard Osman on The Last Leg - Apparently Trump can resign, Pence will take over and at the end of tenure Pence can pardon Trump of all previous offences. It will be interesting to see if this actually happens.

Pence can only pardon him for federal crimes, not state crimes. NY state is after him for tax fraud.

Later,
Eldon

Edited by EldonZ
  • Like 2