free hit
counters
Komo-Tec Exige S EX460 - Page 2 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Komo-Tec Exige S EX460

TBD

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 9 December 2015 at 17:42, goussama said:

Wonder what they added to extract another extra 30 hp

A intercooler, apparently:

On 19 November 2015 at 14:37, French Frie said:

I asked, and Komo-Tec is adding an intercooler for its coming EX460, and replace internals and supercharger for its EX500 ...

On 9 December 2015 at 20:06, alias23 said:

How are you finding your clutch wearing all okay ?

I have the 430 kit on my Evora... absolutely no clutch issues whatsoever. 

6 hours ago, Hangar 111 said:

It's up to 500Nm of torque now... :)

So I saw last night.... I haven't quite picked myself up off the floor yet. 40Nm more than a new 911 GT3RS and only 40Nm shy of a 458...... Impressive. 

Im pretty excited about it :)

3 hours ago, Freejack said:

Did they reduce for drivers or gearbox sake ?? ;)

Last I checked the BG6 AKA EA60 is good to go until 600nm... they've had no application like this but EA60 is used on many light duty truck in South east Asia so it should be good for it.

• Like 1

On 24.11.2015 at 21:13, French Frie said:

Trevor, 

here's what Daniel Koblitschek (Komo-tec)  answered to me regarding the IPS :

"The IPS cars have a bit reduced power. Only 412-416 instead of 424hp" and when I asked him if it was because of the gearbox and its own limitations ( sport mode is kept at 6800 max rpm, for example), he added :

"The IPS has higher losses so the wheel power is less. The gearbox itself could manage the power very easy. As you know the IPS is not the perfect solution in Exige s if you want to do trackdays.."

I'm a bit confused about the answer regarding the first explaination, as I assume the claimed power output is at the flywheel, so even if the power at the wheels  is lower on the rolling road obviously, the calculated flywheel output shoud be the same than for manual Exige, by integrating the transmission losses, shouldn't it ?

As all dyno stands, Komotec measures HP at the wheel. The engine HP is calculated therefrom according to DIN standards. Since the IPS produces lower power levels at the wheel, the transformation is equally lower.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM
8 hours ago, Win911 said:

By jove, that thing gathers momentum bloody quickly. I bet it would be a stunning weapon on the track with practically nothing being able to touch it for less than £150k in terms of a road going production car with tweaks. If only Komo-Tec could do something with the NA Evora - the KT300 kit is expensive for the gains, what we really need is a KT320/330 kit for the NA - that will be an awesome Series One Evora and I'd gladly stump up £3k-£4k for that improvement.

Frenchfrie - yes, it's driving fast but looks under control and slows down when appropriate, though I am sure the driver coming the other way half way through the video had a scary trouser moment! ;)

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

Non taken!  My issue is not with my balls, more my bum would be too wide for the seat ;)

If I had the balls to drive that fast not sure I'd have the talent to keep it on the road to go with them....

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Its a pretty empty region, so traffic is not to be worried about. Also, Komotec is close to the Ring, which is their home playground and cold wet weather is pretty common.

You could say, they've honed their balls for these conditions. :cry:

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

I have to say that I haven't been impressed with much i've seen so far but putting aside that video was on the road, that was really quick and engine sounded lively to match. Track legal in terms of DB?

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

I think they have their valved exhaust on that car. At least in quiet mode it really isn't loud. You will probalby get DB problems at most tracks (and neighbourhoods) in open mode.

Prices haven't been published, but Daniel quoted about 4000 € on top of the EV430-Kit including installation.

The exhaust is an extra.

I wondered how long it would take for the video to pop up :)

The car in the video has the close ratio final drive kit fitted too, which keeps it spinning.

The good thing about the exhaust is that there is no degradation in performance with the valve closed, so no need to worry about track noise, you can just leave it closed!

We don't have a price on the 460 kit yet, but details and prices of the other kits are in our online store.

Dave

Be interesting to see what the vid would look like without the final drive ratio kit - probably that accounts for some of the urgency in the higher gears?

Would also be interested in price to have same spec as this car, i.e. 460 kit AND final drive upgrade..!

45 minutes ago, V6Cup said:

Be interesting to see what the vid would look like without the final drive ratio kit - probably that accounts for some of the urgency in the higher gears?

Would also be interested in price to have same spec as this car, i.e. 460 kit AND final drive upgrade..!

The final drive upgrade certainly adds a little something - the effect is mainly in the top two gears, as there is a big gap between 4th and 5th.

If you want to PM me your email address, we can tailor an estimate as soon as we have the final 460 pricing from Komo-Tec.

Dave