free hit
counters
Komo-Tec Exige S EX460 - Page 20 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Komo-Tec Exige S EX460

TBD

10 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I'm totally confused by mixed up numbers. Are we talking facts (known and proven / ratified) or best guess/ bum on seat from someone with lots of experience?

More confused by why 0-60, 0-100, etc times really matters in the real world when everyone shits themselves about clutch wear and replacement costs. I'm probably just a dickhead though.

0 to whatever MPH times are all irrelevant. In gear times, and 30 - 70, 60 - 120 have more real world comparison.

Dickhead though? Hmmm.....no :makeotherhappy:

• Haha 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
3 hours ago, vd9 said:

It may just as well mean that the two EX460 are different, also may be perception of the speed and acceleration

I have to agree with that, they are vastly different performance wise.

3 hours ago, vd9 said:

In general I find it interesting to understand what are the performance parameters of the car, it is a part of the whole package of the performance car.

and I have to agree with this too. Its the sum of the parts that make the Exige a great car. 

cheers

Remember for cars without launch control and auto boxes, the launches are brutal on a car to achieve best 0-60 times.  As no one will do that with their own car they are irrelevant figures .  As discussed the rolling acceleration  figures are the only real world numbers.  

Edited by DJW
  • Like 1

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

1 hour ago, DJW said:

Remember for cars without launch control and auto boxes, the launches are brutal on a car to achieve best 0-60 times.  As no one will do that with their own car they are irrelevant figures .  As discussed the rolling acceleration  figures are the only real world numbers.  

It's cetrainly something I haver never tried. Remember, both gearbox and clutch are known weak spots on the Exige drive train.

Though the Exige does have a Launch Control the ECU records every usage and will only allow three attemps before blocking further use.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

1 hour ago, TBD said:

It's cetrainly something I haver never tried. Remember, both gearbox and clutch are known weak spots on the Exige drive train.

Though the Exige does have a Launch Control the ECU records every usage and will only allow three attemps before blocking further use.

That’s not true, you can do lots!

I did loads on my original clutch. Not done any since!

in case of breakage they take the logs, if you exaggerated they can claim that it is your fault.

otherwise there is no limitation, on an A45 there is for example.

Edited by ratmbe

This is from the Service Notes on the Launch Control. Max 20 launches before you'*re off to the dealer.

image.png.4513c0b695508a36ab0ee2739d66b019.png

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

I just stripped my manual I do not see anywhere talking about lunch control. I even wonder if I know how to do it with my 410. Otherwise it's always better than 20 3. Anyway I find it too bad for a car, for the little that it gives.

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, MikeSolan said:

Thomas would you consider selling the EX 460?  Mike 

Make me an offer I can't refuse 🙂

But you'll have to wait a bit, the car is currently at Komotec for service.

Thanks Dave let me know details and price please

1 hour ago, TBD said:

Theres no rush Dave I can wait

On 29/08/2019 at 07:41, TBD said:

Thomas sorry for the delay. I replied to Dave's suggestion that he is selling one of his customers EX460s at Hangar 111 and Ive agreed to buy it

• Like 2

Good move.

I'm not seriously intending to sell unless someone would make me a  ludicrous offer.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Sebastian Ritter said:

with EX460 on an Exige from 2015 between 83 and 92° C - depends on the weather and how slow u are going 😉. Still got the standard cooler in the front.

thanks. Before the installation of the EX460 I was rarely above 90°C. Now I am most of the time between 92° and 95°.

watertemp-bresse.png

watertemp-dijon.png

20 hours ago, geartox said:

thanks. Before the installation of the EX460 I was rarely above 90°C. Now I am most of the time between 92° and 95°.

watertemp-bresse.png

watertemp-dijon.png

Never seen this to be an issue, though we both are in the warmer part of Europe. 

• Thanks 1