free hit
counters
Komotec 460 and 500 hp kits on the way!!! - Page 2 - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Komotec 460 and 500 hp kits on the way!!!

Sorry, missed the original question.

We have a few cars lined up for the 460 upgrade, just awaiting production parts from Germany.

We've done a reasonable number of Evora - an IPS car has come in this morning for 390 upgrade kit - including a few up to 430 (see Anthony's thoughts of it a few posts above ^^^).

Dave

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I,ma friend of komo tec since 2005. My car before was an elise mk1 with honda k20a and rotrex kompressor and 420hp.. i drive this car 16 years. Now im 48 years and i need more compfort and room for dr

Sorry my english ist very bad. This is my new evora 400 with the 460 upgrade from Komo-Tec. The Sound ist nice an heavy loud, See the dyno chart is very well.      

That would be about right.... I think I have set aside circa £2500 for the 460 upgrade, based on the costs I have spent to date with upgrading from 390 to 430. I'm not entirely sure what to make

Posted Images

Thanks for your reply.   What is it about the IPS that makes it difficult to fit a chargecooler?  Is it just space limitations in the engine bay?

On 06/02/2016 at 09:22, Trevsked said:

As you say it's interesting not many have gone the tuning route with an Evora and I suspect lots talk about it but when it comes down to it the cars balance between power and handling is very good and not lacking at all. This may be why they leave it alone and some just go for a different sound and the smaller power uplift is a bonus but in reality not enough to make much difference. There is always the exception to the rule though. I'd personally like more power but the car is quite sweet as it is and wouldnt want to upset this, I'd be better off with driving lessons.

Trevor.

You could always drive it one gear higher though, if you had 'too much' power or add a door stop under the accelerator to limit you to half the fun :)

• Like 1
On 6.2.2016 at 10:22, Trevsked said:

As you say it's interesting not many have gone the tuning route with an Evora and I suspect lots talk about it but when it comes down to it the cars balance between power and handling is very good and not lacking at all. This may be why they leave it alone and some just go for a different sound and the smaller power uplift is a bonus but in reality not enough to make much difference. There is always the exception to the rule though. I'd personally like more power but the car is quite sweet as it is and wouldnt want to upset this, I'd be better off with driving lessons.

Trevor.

There is a simple reason why so few have already had the EV460 tuning, it was only announced a few weeks ago. I'm scheduling an April install,  upgrading from the EV430. 

The added power actually matches the Evora's balance perfectly, just dramatically improving spped uptake coming out of corners. 

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

On 06/02/2016 at 20:40, aerobat said:

Thanks for your reply.   What is it about the IPS that makes it difficult to fit a chargecooler?  Is it just space limitations in the engine bay?

There is nothing that I am aware of that prevents the IPS car having the KT chargecooler.  I believe there is a limitation with the torque converter/TCU, but not sure of the exact details.

Dave

1 hour ago, Trevsked said:

You're mis-quoting me. I didn't say the 460 I simply said the tuning route so any of the upgrades. 

Trevor.

Also there, quite many Evoras havwe gone the tuning route. Only issue is, that there are few alternatives to Komotec, who are pretty busy installing the kits themselves. On the other hand, the Evora a precious item, which is why the number of low cut half-baked tuning efforts are few around.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Thank you for your replies Thomas - I was waiting for you to reply!   :)   I have a project underway for my car.   Stay tuned!

Epic! A car already pushing to 60 in 4.1 seconds and onwards to over 180mph now has another 60hp!!! 

True supercar performance. Nice work. After all, who cares about warranty :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the dyno results Markus - both your car and your engine look superb!  I think we're on to something good here!

Willkommen im Club der Komotec Freunde. 

Welcome to the Komotec Pleasure Dome. 

8 hours ago, rühli said:

I,ma friend of komo tec since 2005. My car before was an elise mk1 with honda k20a and rotrex kompressor and 420hp.. i drive this car 16 years. Now im 48 years and i need more compfort and room for driver and baggage. The ev 400 is the right car for me and drives with the 470hp very well. You can drive 250 km/h very easy and with women into holyday. The sound with the 2 sportmainfload and the one big sportcat is more than heavy but more than great . :-)

Great Car Markus! Congratulations! Let us know how the 460ps kit does with regards to endurance. Quite a change from your previous race car MK1 (just saw it in the KT inventory - great price by the way) to the more luxurious Evora. But can understand your move.

I have an Exige V6 CR and I am thinking about the 460 kit as well but my car is relatively new and losing the warranty concerns me. Especially as I am new to Lotus. Does KT give any warranty on it? 

Edited by NW76
11 hours ago, rühli said:

I,ma friend of komo tec since 2005. My car before was an elise mk1 with honda k20a and rotrex kompressor and 420hp.. i drive this car 16 years. Now im 48 years and i need more compfort and room for driver and baggage. The ev 400 is the right car for me and drives with the 470hp very well. You can drive 250 km/h very easy and with women into holyday. The sound with the 2 sportmainfload and the one big sportcat is more than heavy but more than great . :-)

Welcome, that is a great looking car.

Would be grateful if you could post a video of the car so we can hear the new exhaust note :)

Do you have any plans to come to The Lotus Forums International Day on Sunday 8th May?  It would be great to see you and the car!

That sounds good, does it have to open? ie can it remain shut for track use, unless of course its quiet enough when open? DB open?

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

"No power loss between the exhaust flap open and closed.  During testing on the dyno we found that some products on the market have significant differences in power output with the flap in the open or closed position. Our system is proven to produce the same power whether the valve is open OR closed."

From their listing.

2 hours ago, Trevsked said:

That sounds good, does it have to open? ie can it remain shut for track use, unless of course its quiet enough when open? DB open?

Trevor.

In order to force the valve to remain closed, an extra switch can be fitted, hidden under the dash if required - we have a car in the workshop which is having this at present.

35 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

Does the stock system lose power when closed compared to open?

One of the reasons for the exhaust flap on the standard exhaust is to reduce restriction under load in order to deliver the power.

Dave

1 hour ago, Hangar 111 said:

In order to force the valve to remain closed, an extra switch can be fitted, hidden under the dash if required - we have a car in the workshop which is having this at present.

One of the reasons for the exhaust flap on the standard exhaust is to reduce restriction under load in order to deliver the power.

Dave

The DB readings are hard to read ... but what you write sounds good ;-) ... just to make it absolutely clear: is the new KT exhaust ok if I am a regular track day guy? or will I get kicked off most tracks due to the noise? Do I need the switch?

5 minutes ago, NW76 said:

The DB readings are hard to read ... but what you write sounds good ;-) ... just to make it absolutely clear: is the new KT exhaust ok if I am a regular track day guy? or will I get kicked off most tracks due to the noise? Do I need the switch?

If you watch the vid at 1080P on YouTube, the KT box peaks at 91dB closed and 89dB open (slightly counter intuitive!) so you would be fine on the majority of UK tracks. (I don't know the German limits, I'm afraid).

11 minutes ago, NW76 said:

Ask Daniel at KomoTec. He knows the German track limits.