free hit
counters
Petrol Price Watch - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Having just taken advantage of my nearby Morrisons supermarket petrol being on sale at 99.9p per litre without requiring any vouchers or whatnot, I was wondering what fuel costs are like around your area. The cheapest here is Asda at 99.7p for regular unleaded. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brent crude has dived to $37 a barrel.  And I read that oil prices could be low for a few years.   Who needs economical cars, go out a buy a 5 litre, 10 mpg land yacht like me.

And crude has crashed to a futher long low today. Whoopee. The future's petrol!    

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

I really do wish they'd drop the .7p or whatever nonsense. Either call it 99p or £1.

Either way, I'm now pissed off I bought an economical Evora NA as opposed to a 6.75 ltr twin turbo Bentley Arnage!!! ;)

99.9p in Dundee, or a £1 in new money...

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

99.9 at morrisons centre of aberdeen off of Gallowgate

99.7 at asda bridge of Don

101.9 at esso king street

106.9 BP King street (old aberdeen roundabout)  :pirate: 

109.9 Shell Bottom of King street from AECC  :popo: and people are still going there!! :shock:

Not that i'm watching these things....

These prices are all within a 3 mile radius

Edited by Fueltheburn

If other prices altered like this in the shops, people and the regulatory bodies would be up in arms. Petrol is the biggest ripoff in todays market.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Gas in my part of the US (western NY state) currently starts just under $2/gallon. Lots of places in the US do better with low reports dipping under $1.60, some states like CA worse (I see some areas exceeding $2.90) . This is a far cry from CA gas around $5/gal as few years ago. They say adjusted for inflation the last time gas was this cheap was 1965.  (I can remember gas being around 30 cents/gallon in when I started driving around 1970 in MA)  This picture from an Oregon pump with a '69 inspection.

29c.JPG

Edited by comem47

102.3 today in Hampton Court..

Everyone go buy a V8 whilst you can! Looking at the 2017 VED they're out to kill us petrolholics...

Not noticing any significant weekly cost increase running a 4.0lt V8 over my old 3.5 V6 is rather satisfying.

99.9p in Newton Abbot. Long may it continue.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

£103.9 at our local Sainsburys.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Petrolprices.com

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Our Local Tesco dropped it to 99.9 and the morrisons dropped theirs to 99.7 to compete. the local shell just dropped it to 99.5 to kick them both in the nads.

I just filled up my new car with diesel at 101.9.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

99.9 here too now :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

If my conversions are right you in the UK are currently paying about 2..5 -2.75 times what I'm paying for my regular gas. Not sure if the ratio has altered much from the past as prices have recently dropped or one of us has benefited more.  (I wouldn't be thinking of V8 engines yet and you know it will rise again before you know it!!!)  My condolences !!!!

Now Venezuela is a V8 country !!!     http://www.globalpetrolprices.com/gasoline_prices/

• Gold FFM

I guess it depends on what you are used to Bob - in around 6-7 months we've gone from £1.50 a litre (around £6.75 or around $10.25 per imperial gallon or around $8.50 per US gallon) to around £1 per litre - £4.50 per imperial Gallon) - so a reduction of a 3rd - so why all this talk about crappy V8's? Surely we should all be snapping up Aston V12's, what what... :)  Though buying 12 spark plugs and a gazillion litres of oil per service will be a killer.....

As for prices going back up - not any time soon I think as the Saudi's are determined to cripple the US small gas producers and make fracking in Europe an economical non starter. So we should be able to run those V12's for around 12-18 months and punch a real hole in the environment - that'll give my kids something to work on and worry about in the future when I'm retired and blasting around the track in my Lotus every day ;)

The case for me taking my english pound retirement pot and moving to Florida, Virginia or similar is strong though - great weather, cheap big engined cars, lots of tracks and fuel cheaper than we buy a coke for per litre!  Sounds like heaven to me.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

So we should be able to run those V12's for around 12-18 months and punch a real hole in the environment - that'll give my kids something to work on and worry about in the future when I'm retired and blasting around the track in my Lotus every day ;)

:lol:

Evora NA

Florida is like the wild west. Anything goes with cars unless the Police decide otherwise !!!! ( NO MOT)  . Someone could have a totally unfit for the toad vehicle, but they can drive it ( and maybe into your vehicle for lack of brakes)   Up to the owner to keep it up.  Inspections can vary a lot by state

So I don't know about "paradise" (maybe if you also like bugs and humidity in the summer)  :P.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

And crude has crashed to a futher long low today. Whoopee. The future's petrol!   ;)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Crashed through the sub $1 price today and still falling.

you guys must be down to 50p a litre by now. ;-)

image.jpeg.21c10b39ec5d9c62e4301ce85cd1b

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017