free hit
counters
Star Wars The Force Awakens, who's going? - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Star Wars The Force Awakens, who's going?

OwenGT3

As a massive Star Wars fan I will be going to see the new film like the rest of the entire population of the planet! I just wondered who's going and if you are hitting the 12.01 am shows or leaving it to a later date. 

I will be at the first evening showing with my R2 in Norwich at the Odeon Riverside. I don't know if I will get to see the film or if I will want to (mind willing, but body not so!) as it will be hard work entertaining all evening, so I might end up nodding off in the film if I go and watch! :) I'm also entertaining again on the Saturday with R2 and the rest of the Star Wars costume group at the same Odeon venue.

It's either going to be the biggest film ever or the biggest flop ever, hopefully it's as good as other JJ Abrams films.

The last time I did the Odeon.
7865898330_25cc118d4e_k.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It won't be a flop, they've already sold over £100m in advance tickets! We're going next Saturday :thumbsup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

44 minutes ago, Bibs said:

It won't be a flop, they've already sold over £100m in advance tickets! We're going next Saturday :thumbsup:

Financially it's perhaps not a flop, I just hope the story is not one. I think we can expect something way better than the prequels just by what they have shown in trailers, but no one knows the full story yet. 

I did an appearance yesterday in the Castle Mall Norwich, at times it was mob frenzy to have photos with the costume group.

23645377231_165a4abc7f_b.jpg

• Like 1

We're off to the midnight session.  Bought nine tickets.  Should be a blast.  Going again on Xmas eve (Gold Class).  I remember as a 10 year old lining up for the original movie back in '77.  The line to get tickets was soooooo long.

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

I was in Gove when I saw the first one, so no great big lines to deal with then.

I have never been to a movie where everyone dresses up like that. (Owen's pics) I would be a bit pensive sitting beside Darth Vader if he was getting his butt kicked on screen.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

• Gold FFM

I'm kicking myself for promising to go and see it with one of my oldest friends... and he can't make it until January :wallbash:

It may just be that I go and see it a few times...

The more of the film they've shown in the TV spots etc, the more nervous I've become.  I'll be sacrificing a goat or three today... I'm not sure I can cope with another "Phantom Menace".  I recently re-watched the prequals (which takes total viewings to three and I'm not entirely sure why I subjected myself to this) and it made me want to kick George Lucas in the balls.

• Like 1

With a headache :lol:

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

On 13/12/2015 at 19:34, OwenGT3 said:

Financially it's perhaps not a flop, I just hope the story is not one. I think we can expect something way better than the prequels just by what they have shown in trailers, but no one knows the full story yet. 

I did an appearance yesterday in the Castle Mall Norwich, at times it was mob frenzy to have photos with the costume group.

23645377231_165a4abc7f_b.jpg

This tray is wet. And this one's wet and this one's wet.

• Like 2

Do these guys have straws in their Lattes? How else are they getting in them their mouths? Huh? :detective: 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

On 14/12/2015 at 09:04, DaveC72 said:

The more of the film they've shown in the TV spots etc, the more nervous I've become.  I'll be sacrificing a goat or three today... I'm not sure I can cope with another "Phantom Menace".  I recently re-watched the prequals (which takes total viewings to three and I'm not entirely sure why I subjected myself to this) and it made me want to kick George Lucas in the balls.

I'm a bit nervous about bringing back people like Han Solo. OK bring back Luke maybe, but the tiny clips of Harrison Ford so far just remind me of some embarrassing uncle who is still knocking around in the same clothes he wore in his 1970s prime while hitting on women.

A lot of the things that bothered me about the prequels and the updated original trilogy were the sledgehammer-subtle tweaks they did for the sake of "continuity", which the producers seem hung up on. They've got the entire galaxy to have a go at and still keep bumping into the same people in the same places? <_<

It's a bit like modern Bond films, which used to be a globetrotting extravaganza, now they just switch between an architecturally stunning European cities and and deserts/wastelands. :sleeping:

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Pitiful. Lord Vader STANDING IN A QUEUE????

What's that all about........!!

• Like 1

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

He was waiting for a tray for his Chicken. :yes: 

See, I didn't even want to read that.

Reviews were good for JJ Abrams's Star Trek too and I found that almost unwatchable. I say that as a fan of the earlier Star Trek movies too.

With any new Star Wars project it pays to fear the worst and hope to be pleasantly surprised. No doubt it will end on the most unbearable set-up for the next films. Blockbusters these days are more like extended trailers for the series of films to come.

24hours to go for me.