free hit
counters
Rear Diffuser - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

• Gold FFM

Following on from the thread running in the 'Wanted' section, this item is very nearly ready to come to market. As already mentioned in that thread, the fabricator has produced these for a wide variety of cars on a made-to-measure basis up to now so offering an off-the-shelf mail-order type product is a new departure for him.

Consequently, to ensure that this diffuser is a perfect fit for all, what is needed now is a volunteer to leave his car with him for a couple of days so that the first production-run diffuser can be fine-tuned in situ. In return, you'll get your Evora back sporting a snazzy new motorsport-style multi-blade diffuser, powder-coated in the colour of your choice, at a nicely discounted price. I'd offer up my own car for this if I weren't 300+ miles away from his facility.

So, if anybody is in the market for a diffuser and can spare their car not being with them for a day or two, please contact Steve Adkins at SA Fabrications and Motorsport in Hinckley and negotiate a cracking deal. Once this first diffuser is millimetre perfect, he can start taking orders from the rest of us waiting in the wings.

http://www.sa-motorsport.co.uk/contact-us.html

diffuser 2.jpg

diffuser 3.jpg

diffuser 1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, so I'll keep you waiting in suspense no longer, . I dropped my car off at SA Fabrication (the things I do for you folks, I don't know!) on Thursday morning and barely 24 hours later I got a c

I can't be sure on any extra down-force, it may be more psychological than actual but it certainly seems to have cleaned-up the airflow around the rear. Before, the tail-end of the car always got

So long as it sits right on my tailgate, that's all I'm concerned about.

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Any updates or news on the diffuser?

theres a deal if anyone wants to go Difflow route??????? Pm me

dont mind waiting a little if it's gonna happen

• Gold FFM

OK I'm seriously interested though it looks like Jmanji is now sorted so the difflow route may be gone.

David - I could drive down and leave the car for a few days whilst I worked in the London area and then drive back home. Need to see if I can make the logistics work and I guess having a local UK supplier will be cheaper for all. I think the Difflow product is truly great, just way too expensive due to shipping, import taxes etc.

I'm also looking at a track day in Lincolnshire which is not a million miles away from them.

I've looked at a Carbon S type from HKFever too (Charle's responses were amazingly prompt and efficient) and would be happy to spend the £950 if it didn't need the other S accoutrements too.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

@C8RKH Andy - it looks like it's down to you or me, 2 of the furthest away from the 'source', to get the ball rolling on this. I was looking at incorporating a visit to SA with a visit to relatives in Stevenage in the near(ish) future - once the worst of the winter weather is past (so that'll be the third Wednesday in August then, :lol: ) - but if you get there first then that's all to the good. I'll keep you posted on developments so we don't both turn up there mob-handed.

Like you, I've got an ever-increasing list of 'modifications' on my wish-list so any money saved here is then available to spend elsewhere.

One of the first things I did. Made to order by Difflow (who provided me the the best service I have had from a Lotus parts supplier, ever).

Extended it flow with the top surround. 

IMG_2108.JPG.38b84152c5c76ea3240d1f72924

IMG_2109.JPG.991d5df9167b0aa2b3d27883446

Edited by series_one

Sorry guys but as Andy says I'm sorted with the s/c set up, well hopefully.

one thought I had was that I will put the n/a diffuser up for sale once I've fitted the new one? 

Would that be any help to fabricate the new diffuser ?????

would probably be available in a few weeks if everything goes to plan and I done need to chop it up.

• Gold FFM

@Jmanji Thanks for the 'offer' of first refusal on your (hopefully) soon to be redundant OE diffuser but I'd already offered to send mine down to Steve at SA and he replied that he'd much prefer to have a whole car. Although he can fabricate around the dimensions 'lifted' from the old diffuser, he really needs to mount the new one on a car to check and fine-tune all the angles to ensure optimum aero performance.

Cheers anyway, :thumbsup: .

• 3 months later...
  • Gold FFM

Resurrecting this old thread, things are finally going to start moving.

In the absence of any volunteers over the intervening months, I have now arranged to head off on my journey down to Brooklands a couple of days earlier than originally planned and drop my car into SA Motorsport for Steve to work his magic. With the tight time constraints, it may be that this first production version will need to be wet-sprayed rather than powder-coated to get if finished in time to 'display' at Brooklands but at least there should be something for you all to see, at long last.

• Gold FFM

Nice one Alfa2Evora. Look forward to seeing this as I fancy a red one!

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

I would be interested to see what these look like.  I have been considering Difflow, but like others I find the shipping cost prohibitive.  Easy fit is important to me as I have very little patience

• Gold FFM

And me, but more down to little spannering skills

• Gold FFM

Photos will be posted up later today (Wednesday). I'll just say for now that I'm very pleased with the finished article.

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

Nice work Alfa. I probably want one 3-4 cm shorter than your +7 and fancy getting it and the grates above pc'd in red. Looks good and a UK company too.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

The weight of my big fat arse will compensate for it. 

• Gold FFM

I can't be sure on any extra down-force, it may be more psychological than actual but it certainly seems to have cleaned-up the airflow around the rear.

Before, the tail-end of the car always got much dirtier than the rest of the car. I washed mine today, 800 odd miles on from having the diffuser fitted, and if anything the rear panel was the cleanest bit on the whole car.

Also, ever since getting the car, if I had a window open and indulged in some 'brisk' acceleration :whistle:up to cruising speed then that sulphur-like smell associated with a hard-working 'cat' was very noticeable inside the cabin, as if the venturi effect created by the open window was causing a reverse flow in the ventilation system and drawing exhaust gases forward. Now, that's gone. I drove all the way back to Scotland from Brooklands with the window(s) fully down, even at 69.9999999999999mph on the motorways (yes officer, not a fraction more :police:), and never detected even the slightest trace of what had previously at times been a quite overpowering smell. So even if it does nothing else, this diffuser is a huge success for me.

• Like 2
  • Gold FFM

With your new front bumper your cars going to be a stunner Dave. Nice one.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
2 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

With your new front bumper your cars going to be a stunner Dave. Nice one.

The bumper is unfortunately still very much at the 'under negotiation' stage, but I do at least now have the 'big wing' for the rear waiting to go to the paintshop. It's getting there, albeit somewhat slowly.

• Like 1

Nice to finally see the diffuser in the flesh, looks well made and fitted, quite a race look to it as well.

Well done Alfa for getting it done I'm  sure there will be Plenty of orders for one.

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

Just can't get the big wing to sit right in my mind but look forward to seeing it in the flesh Dave. That'll be the decider for me I guess.

• Gold FFM
39 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Just can't get the big wing to sit right in my mind but look forward to seeing it in the flesh Dave. That'll be the decider for me I guess.

So long as it sits right on my tailgate, that's all I'm concerned about. :P

• Like 2
  • Gold FFM

Touche. By the way you need a bit of red on your flag mate! Hahaha.....

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

..........By the way you need a bit of red on your flag mate!...........

A monochromatic rendition of the Union flag on the wing end-plate is as much as you'll be getting from me, :P. You got some sort of red fixation going on Andy?

Diffuser flag.jpg

• Like 2