free hit
counters
'88 Esprit Turbo Coolant leaking - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
franjipane

'88 Esprit Turbo Coolant leaking

The coolant is leaking on my 88 turbo, i caught most of it with a pan and managed to get a picture of where it's coming from.

Are these the 2 pipes that go all the way from the header tank to the radiator?  This is somewhere in the middle of the car slightly on the passenger side.

P.s. I reckon H.R. Giger would be proud of that photo :P

wp_ss_20151215_0003.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Steve, get a parts manual from here and you'll be able to see all the cooling system nicely mate...

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/forum/114-parts-manuals/

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Nice one Bibs, looking at that i would have thought it would be the 2 pipes going along the chassis, but SJS lists those as aluminium D082K4106F but i think those are in the background of the pic.  The manual shows loads of other pipes around there so i'll lift the car up and try and get a better idea what's what.

@Sparky knows his way around this area, and has very clever solution if it's the pipes through the chassis (although it doesn't look like that from where the coolant is). If he's open for business at the mo, might be an idea to pop the car up to him :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Ta for looking Bibs, hopefully I'll work out what's going on tonight.  And Sparky's only just up the road!

• Like 1