free hit
counters
Service / placebo? - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Service / placebo?

Rancid

Just picked my car up from having its 2nd service.

Was told that they updated the ECU as Lotus had released a new update.

Now, on the drive home a few things I noticed - the exhaust sounds 'better' as in a touch louder and more pops n bangs.

The car also seems to pull a lot better and the overall drive just feels nicer somehow.

Car had only done 4K miles since the last service so I can't imagine, other than the update, anything else done in the service to make a difference.

'....it makes every other roadster look just a little bit cissy...'

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Sounds right for a software update, it's a constant game of improvement and Lotus kindly put these on owners cars at service time as we as new ones out of the gate :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Any idea when this latest software went live at the dealers? I Had my car serviced in September, so it looks like I Just missed out, but if the results are as noticeable as they sound it's worth booking it in just for the ECU software update...

Afraid I know nothing about when the update was released.

The technician rang me before he did it to ask if I'd had any re-maps done, as it'd be wiped off with the update.

(I also got three pages of rev range read outs - thought I'd left that particular worry some part of performance car ownership when I left Porsche...)

O/T.... how do I turn my avatar the right way round?

10 minutes ago, Rancid said:

O/T.... how do I turn my avatar the right way round?

You just post a sentence like that and magical things happen :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

To the best of my knowledge my car's ECU software was not updated while it was in for a service in September, but I'll phone the dealer and find out what's what..

I hadn't realised that Lotus check for "over-rev's" either, but any that I may have inflicted have been directly related to the inconsistencies , and sometimes baulky nature of the gear-shift towards the upper reaches of the rev-range. Not my lack of hand/foot coordination, or my ham fists.

Honest.

It was the same with my Porsche.:whistle:

27 minutes ago, Bibs said:

You just post a sentence like that and magical things happen :)

Just like magic.....

Will be in touch re exhaust soon.

cheers Bibs

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Used the new dealer in Nottingham - Central Lotus.

Pleased overall but they don't have any courtesy cars, which caused a bit of inconvenience.

Cost £380 inc brake fluid change.