free hit
counters
S3 Elise toe links - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

S3 Elise toe links

Does anyone know if the s3 Elise rear toe links uprated or stronger than earlier cars?

Is it worth upgrading these? I'm not sure if they were changed in any way compared to the earlier models or if they are still a potential problem?

i see lotus did a brace on the 211 using rose joints instead of ball joints

Edited by SCRken

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Randy might well know the answer to this :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 2 months later...

No, they are the same as on the S2.

There are two sides to the uprating process, the first is to strengthen the inner joint by either a bracket (double shear) or a tie bar to link the two suspension bolts and therefore half the load on each bolt.

The other issue is the nature of the OE failures, either of which will leave the toe link free at the failed end and the subsequent self steering rear wheel.

If you only drive on the road and the car is well maintained the OE units are OK, old joints, track use and sticky tyres can cause failures.

:)

Gaz

As for the rose joints :)

Long story that one …….