free hit
counters
Paint protection film poll - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Paint protection film poll

Do you have ppf on your car?  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Front bumper and headlights in addition to factory. Front bumper Had been resprayed before I got it, I have had it done again as covered in stonechips and got it protected at the same time. Not a mark since. Rest of car fine, so I wouldn't bother.

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

• Gold FFM

When I bought the car, the front bumper already had a bit of gravel-rash on it so there was no point at that time. As and when it gets so bad that I can't bear to look at it any longer, a respray and film application will be the order of the day.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Colin P said:

Front bumper and headlights in addition to factory. Front bumper Had been resprayed before I got it, I have had it done again as covered in stonechips and got it protected at the same time. Not a mark since. Rest of car fine, so I wouldn't bother.

What film did toy go with and if you don't mind me asking what was the price? 

• Gold FFM

Sorry, I don't know as I got Back on Track to sort it for me. I suspect it's armourfend.

I think the bumper off respray was about £500 and the film £450. I ummed and ahhed about whether it was worth protecting at that cost, but bit the bullet. I'm glad I did as I just know I'd already have stonechips otherwise. 

its quite amazing the protection it gives. Someone caught the rear quarter and bumper/alloy on mine in a car park. Removed chunks of paint from the alloy but the protected bodywork just wiped down to remove their paint and fine underneath. 

Also one of the other forum members had something fall off a skip lorry onto his car, removed a 2inch flap of film, but the paint is unmarked underneath.

• Like 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

All booked in to 'mint condition uk' for front bumper and head lights to be wrapped. This thread and the picture below sold me. The front profile is basically all bumper and lights with the bonnet being a very flat surface. So the bumper and lights coupled with lotus standard protection should be spot on. Don't want to wait for the bumper to get peppered and fork out for paint and ppf and with going to the ring makes sense. 

January discount with suntec film comes in at £307.20. Bargain!

8362017E-4964-4458-B4DA-4E8DCD2B9028_zps