free hit
counters
New Esprit - Page 9 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
swindon_alan

New Esprit

16 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

please do feel free to post up some pics of your motors...

Methinks that they are all Porkers...

• Like 2

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
46 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Displacement is just one thing - it is not the answer to everything. Handling, acceleration, cornering agility, driver feedback etc etc ....... you must have the package to have a Sportscar. Otherwise you just have a loud heap of metal.

please do feel free to post up some pics of your motors.....

IMG_0947.JPG@Vanya I've some more - but they are prancers and the like

Sweet. Nice lineup right there.

At this years Lotus Car Club of Sweden meet some dude showed up in a laser blue Europa S - I actually voted for it as "car of show" - the model gets way too little love. It's actually a real stunner in the flesh (IMHO) - a nice balance between Evora and Elise. Very tight fit though.

Is that an Orange GT3 I see?!?!!? Shut up and take my money!

• Like 1

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '91 Elan SE | '04 Maserati Coupé Cambiocorsa

The Europa is a curious little thing. I'd love to try one someday

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

I reallly like the look of them - don't think they were particularly well received at the time.

13 minutes ago, Vanya said:

Is that an Orange GT3 I see?!?!!? Shut up and take my money!

It sure is - very nice indeed 

Only here once

Great video. I guess we used to have similar issues with import cars, until insurance meant people couldn't afford to drive them anymore... or hot fords way back when

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Looks like they are called "Mustang" for a reason.

There is a lot of this kind of videos on youtube, but I don't recall seeing any Loti, some "cavallini rampanti" though
Maybe it is bad thing to have some kind of wild horse symbol... (or bull) 

========================================
Torque times RPM equals horsepower!

Having just seen those two "debates" from the us election campaign, I was thinking if I am the only one seeing some similarities between those cars, it's drivers and some of the us politicians? All show, no go.

Very strange, to have a car lifting it's front end 3-5 feet up in the air, or actively hitting the high powerband and -torque when going through a turn.

Kind regards,

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

A friend of mine bought one of the 662bhp Shelby Mustangs. Despite being a lifelong V8 fanatic, with a long list of high-powered cars to his name, he sold it shortly afterwards saying it scared him, and he felt he would die in it. He's now settled on a 2014 5-litre V8 version, the chassis of which he feels is better able to handle the torque and power.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

There is an ongoing horsepower-race amongst supercar manufacturers (and some not supercar). Figures that were unthinkable only 20 years ago are now found even in estate and hatchback cars (Audi, Mercedes with +400hp for example).
I thought the 375 hp of the first Countach was mindboggling in its time. Take away traction control and anti spin and all the rest of the computer gadgets and see how many hp an average driver can control and handle.... my guess, somewhere
between 200 and 250, then you'll need assistance from these systems unless you are an experienced racing driver. Would be interesting to see a log of the actuall power output from these supercars under normal driving. My guess is that you will only rarely see the very high figures (0-60 runs, trafic light fun and top speed attempts).

This said, still thinks a new Esprit should be +500 :)

========================================
Torque times RPM equals horsepower!