free hit
counters
2016 - what do you want to see from Lotus? - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

2016 - what do you want to see from Lotus?

Okay, so 2016 is almost upon us and I just wondered what forthcoming products/news/rumours are getting your Lotus juices flowing! For me, I 'really' want to see them get the Evora Roadster right. From a 'general public' P.O.V., it's already got stiff competition; from a Lotus fan's P.O.V, it should be just epic. I think that it's a car that will really shape Lotus's international sales: they'll surely be intending to shift as many auto-roadsters as possible in the U.S.! I might never even see one, but the 311 is properly exciting, too - it shouldn't really matter, but I 'do' want to see an awe-inspiring Nurburgring lap, something groundbreaking for the brand!

I'm interested to see what so many huge Lotus fans are looking forward to/hoping to see ...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Evora Roadster is obviously going to be the big story, and could be a real break-out car, if they get it right. But just as important as the car, is the marketing, which is going to be hugely important, and going on current evidence, is something they're not doing well enough at the moment.

In addition to the 3Eleven Road and Track versions and the Evora Roadster at Geneva with a proper US launch for the Evora 400. 

I'd like to see the  Evora 400 Sport at Goodwood FOS or Paris auto show in the fall. I'd like to see the SUV, in prototype guise at the next Beijing or Shanghai auto show. The company has gone quiet about it and the rumourmill is going to start spinning soon if the manufacturing licence takes to long to be awarded to Goldstar, so seeing the prototype would be a good thing "imo" even if it is just a clay model it would be a good way to get the perception of potential buyers. 

I'd like to see a new premium ICE Solution (non aftermarket) brought onto the car in time for the US deliveries. One can dream.

I'd like Lotus to commit to a 3Eleven "full works" race program in VLN 24h races. I really do think the car would kick ass in GT4 category and Lotus needs to communicate by itself in motorsport now that F1 is gone - which is a good thing.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to think they are slowly moving in the right direction, given the fiscal constraints they have. Over the last year there has been a massive increase of dealers, with new dealers opening all over Europe and beyond. I guess their thought is that there's little point splashing out on a marketing campaign unless there are places to buy car in place. Having established a reasonable dealer network, I expect them to start upping their marketing shortly.