free hit
counters
Toyo R888R - Page 2 - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Blimey! - Everyone's at it! Just to remind folk what proper tyres look like :

not yet :-) for the moment I am using the AVON ZZR (I got them with my new wheels, so the toyo are sleeping for the moment). Today was my first experience whit the AVON tyres on track. And I

Posted Images

Sorry - been away from electronic devices, and on my mountain bike for a couple of days - which was blissful (when not trying to get off and crawl at 20mph!). There can be no reason for a change of width to the front tyres causing the car to pull to one side. Alignment for sure.

Not sure why this would manifest itself upon a change of wheels/tyres though. What happened?

• 3 weeks later...

not yet :-)

for the moment I am using the AVON ZZR (I got them with my new wheels, so the toyo are sleeping for the moment).

Today was my first experience whit the AVON tyres on track. And I am NOT impressed, but I have also decided (from now) to drive with DPM off, so it's hard to really compare with the Pirelli. Maybe I don't have the correct tyre pressure.

I was more impressed by the difference between "pirelli with road pressure" VS "pirelli with track pressure" (WOW effect). But driving is feeling and experience, not sure that my feedback is really significant.

IMG_9793_net.jpg

Edited by geartox
  • Like 1
  • 7 months later...

So I will finally test the R888r maybe next week or in May for Magny Cours.

Concerning the target pressure :

https://www.toyo.co.uk/page/index/identifier/set-up-advice

https://www.toyotires.com/tire/pattern/proxes-r888r-dot-competition-tires

so 32-34 psi could be a good start.

• 2 weeks later...

So :

- My problem with steering wheel alignment was due to the tyres or the wheel ballancing

- I have just tested the Toyo yesterday, I am quite satisfied for the moment : hot tyre pressure 35PSI front/rear

- Gain of 2 seconds on my previous best time