free hit
counters
Exige V6 Width Dimensions (Including Mirrors) - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
ROJ

Exige V6 Width Dimensions (Including Mirrors)

Afternoon/Evening all.

Just in the process of buying a new house complete with 'Man Cave' and I'm double checking everything will fit. Last thing I want to be is the bloke who bought a house to discover he couldn't actually get the car in the garage. A friend of mine purchased a Subaru to discover he couldn't close the garage doors!!!!

I don't have easy access to my Orange Beasty at present so wondered if any of you peeps know the width dimensions (including mirrors). I know the Lotus website state 1802mm without mirrors. Anyone know what it is with them fully open and folded in? Garage door dimension is 2100mm. I couldn't afford anything with a double garage! :)

It would be most appreciated if anyone can shout up.

Thanks in advance.

Rog.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Just been out to check for you and it's approx. 1900mm with the mirrors in the driving position. You can probably shave approx 50mm off by tucking them in (if you can even call it that!)

Hope that helps and it seems like it'll fit in your new garage no problem :D

• Like 1

Fantastic!

Thanks Craig. Most helpful. I knew someone would come to the rescue. :)

I better get on and buy this house then.

Whenever I view a house I take my tape measure with me to measure up the garage properly - width, length, door width. I spend more time in the garage than the house. The estate agents find it very odd behaviour :)

• Like 2

Haha. Sounds just like me. More interested in the garage. I did the measuring and I know it'll fit inside and I can open the door, etc but I'm just having a last minute panic and double checking everything before I commit.

Sooner I get this house the sooner I get me sticky mitts on the car. All being well it'll be just as the weather may start to get better! :)

A friend of mine bought a house recently. On the 2nd viewing he asked to look in the garage (the shame) and spotted an Esprit. He mentioned he knew a guy who ran a Lotus club and it turns out he was buying the house from is one of our members!! Small world! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Much the same process when we bought our house last June. January 2015 built garage with 30yr old house was all I need to know to get a viewing sorted. I turned up with a tape measure and confirmed the width was more than accommodating for the V6, the rest of the viewing was just a formality :)

What winds me up with new builds and integrated garages is the lack of space. No room to swing a cat let alone fit a car and open the doors.

During our test drive last summer, me and the boss (SWMBO) parked up and measured the minimum required amount to open the door and squeeze out. We reckon around the 2.4m mark. Luckily the proposed garage opens out to just shy of 3m.

I could always do a 'Dukes of Hazzard' style entry/exit. Hmmm, may have trouble welding the plastic doors shut! :P

58 minutes ago, ROJ said:

I could always do a 'Dukes of Hazzard' style entry/exit. Hmmm, may have trouble welding the plastic doors shut! :P

This is a very elaborate way of convincing yourself you need a 3-Eleven next.

Oooooo! Now there's a thought! :wub:

I think I need plenty of experience first with Space Hopper before I'd even think about a 3-Eleven. Although a lottery win this week would soon change that decision along with a double garage. :P

Mine garage is a single narrow thing (which though the house is only 15yrs old is not considered a garage anymore under new building regs) which was a 2100mm opening  and though a bit tight I managed for several months without a scrape.

i then treated myself to a roller shutter garage door which gave me an extra 150mm , now I positively sprint in and it's worth every penny.....plus it's remote control too so I only have to contort twice instead having to get out to open n close the doors. Or phone the wife to do it . Hence why it's now remote :)

Black n gold

Cheers Craig.

Enjoy your new shiney thing! ?

This has been a helpful post @ROJ.  I haven't garaged my car for several years since I moved to where I am now.  As I'm soon to take delivery of my new Exige I've been thinking about whether I could fit it in my single garage.  The opening measures about 2250mm so should be good there, I might have to consider an electric roller shutter like @Stubox, that sounds like a great idea.  Internal measurement is 2600mm so it will be hard getting out of the door I think, some padding on the wall will be a must!  Length will be fine.

I'm insuring the car on the basis of it not being garaged but I really would prefer to garage it, especially in the winter months.

So, since buying this car, I now need a decent size shed installed in the back garden and an electric roller shutter door…can I get these on 50/50 too I wonder? :)

Hi M4rk, 

You can rest assured! My garage is 2500mm and there is ample room to get in/out of the drivers door with the car parked a little over to the left ?.

I too have an electric roller door and it's well, well worth doing!

Since my last post in this thread, I ended up buying a different house with a smaller garage. Entrance is around the 2100mm mark so tight with the mirrors. I have a side entrance door so I reverse the car in and it allows me to open the passenger door that bit farther. It doesn't work the other way around. I still have to transfer across from the drivers side but hey ho, no pain, no gain. :P

garage.jpg

• Like 2

Have you thought about taking the roof off (to make access easier)?

And, yes, I mean the car's roof, not the garage roof. ;)

I've had the soft top conversion done so in summer, yep it works. Hardtop goes back on in winter.

Roger - for what its worth, you have more space than me :D

If I reverse in, I can get right up to one of those supporting wall bits, which traps any passengers - but I can get out fine :D 

Don't forget to invest in some pipe insulation to stick against the wall to protect it from rubbing! 

Roger, your car looks great in that colour!  

Reassuring to know that the V6 will fit in to a single garage, even if some gymnastics is required to get out :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alias23 said:

Primary reason for buying our house was the garage :)

IMG_4676.thumb.JPG.b2ddc01d365ddf70b95fdcfaf268138c.JPG

Now that's just showing off! :P

It's not the size, it what you put in it. So I keep getting told. hmmm double garage. Room for something else as well...

1 hour ago, alias23 said:

Primary reason for buying our house was the garage :)

IMG_4676.thumb.JPG.b2ddc01d365ddf70b95fdcfaf268138c.JPG

Look chap - I can see your problem and am sympathetic to your problem.

the Internets a wonderful thing and you can buy another lotus friend for your lonely car :lol:

Mine finds company reassuring !!IMG_1234.thumb.JPG.6995fb4564f8750223d5e49a3f7b4e0b.JPG

Only here once

3 hours ago, M4rk said:

Roger, your car looks great in that colour!  

Reassuring to know that the V6 will fit in to a single garage, even if some gymnastics is required to get out :)

Cheers Mark. Love the 'space hopper' orange. Am I right to assume your avatar is your soon to be? If so, that's a corker.