free hit
counters
Turbo Esprit Exhaust Manifold remanufacture - Page 6 - Induction/Turbo/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Turbo Esprit Exhaust Manifold remanufacture

40 minutes ago, ChrisJ said:

I've had my manifold returned after being used as a template for the remanufacture, and was told that it was going ahead.

Blimey how long did they have it Chris? 😳

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On ‎07‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 09:24, top-plumber said:

Blimey how long did they have it Chris? 😳

7 months. I think they had forgotten about it.

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome Robert. Where are you located? We love pictures here :thumbsup:

When I asked (after my manifold had been returned to me) if they are going ahead they said yes, but that's all I know :(

Hi Chris &  Christian, I'm nearby Maidstone, Kent. I'll look out some pictures. The car is in my garage right now, just started major refurb after not having driven it for 10 years (dont quite know where the time went!)

My manifold had a previous weld repair on a crack in the branch to N0.1 cylinder but the outlet flange to the waste gate manifold has now bowed slightly causing a leak so I need to get it ground flat, also the upper right bolt hole edge on No.4 has broken off.

Hi Rob - Plenty of other owners in your neck of the woods

I know the feeling well. Mine was off the road for a similar amount of time. You will be pleased once you get back behind the when though. Are you refurbing it yourself? I cheated and had someone else (GST) do it and it was only took a couple of months once I bit the bullet before I was back behind the wheel.

Dry/Wet sump? Colour?

Chris

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know Alunox have one complete 321 Stainless Steal system in stock at the moment for the Giugiaro Esprit if any body is interested895953703_GCar.thumb.jpg.f039d25592f58f273b3daaa37a34f1ab.jpg

This will cure all your problems that you have with the cast unit, it won't crack or warp.

The kit comes complete with the Turbosmart wastegate ,gaskets , brace and nuts .Ring Anita for details on 01978 8551100.or email [email protected]

Mark

On 07/09/2018 at 14:23, RobLD said:

I'm nearby Maidstone, Kent.

Me too, in Ryarsh! Welcome, good to have another local member :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Hi Chris. Dark metallic blue, dry sump. Doing the work myself, had to put a twin post car lift in my garage to do it though. The stainless exhaust looks good but I just bought a new stainless silencer and pipes from SJS, the original had fallen apart so much (no back pressure) I couldn't see that the manifold was leaking slightly until I put the new exhaust on. So hope I can recover the cast manifold otherwise I've wasted £450!!. Also I'm trying to keep the car at original spec.

Thanks for the info on the SS exhaust system Mark.

Hi Bibs. 

Rob

Edited by RobLD

23 hours ago, MarkKassim said:

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know Alunox have one complete 321 Stainless Steal system in stock at the moment for the Giugiaro Esprit if any body is interested895953703_GCar.thumb.jpg.f039d25592f58f273b3daaa37a34f1ab.jpg

This will cure all your problems that you have with the cast unit, it won't crack or warp.

The kit comes complete with the Turbosmart wastegate ,gaskets , brace and nuts .Ring Anita for details on 01978 8551100.or email [email protected]

Mark

Didn't you mean to say $tainless $teel? 😉