free hit
counters
New Alcohol Concerns/Limits/POLL Time - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

New Alcohol Concerns/Limits/POLL Time

Kimbers

Will the Government changes to "safe limits" change your habits?  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For those not in the UK our Government always seems more interested in telling us the things we enjoy are bad, whilst bombing the crap out of some poor guy in Africa/Middle East etc.

Now while some of us may cynically think that this is just a way to keep us from thinking of the billions they are spending a week on dropping bombs on sand dunes, it is quite interesting to see where you stand! 

POLL Time! 

Will the fact the govt now tell us that a "Session should involve no more than 2.5 pints or equivalent", that "ANY alcohol consumption increases your chance of cancer and related issues" and that you should drink no more than 14 units a week at most, stop you or change your habits?

Are you concerned about your alcohol consumption now they have just cut what you should be having in half? Article below.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35252650

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The govt can suck my balls with the different advice given out on a daily basis which is proven wrong shortly afterwards. F*ckwits.

Latest is that black pudding is a superfood and red wine isn't good for you. :blink:

We're here for a good time, not a long time. Who wants to live forever?

184876.jpg

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

It also says if people drink, it should be moderately over three or more days and that some days should be alcohol-free.

to spread 6 pints over 3 or more days.....tosh!!!

we're going to need smaller glasses.....

and as for saving them up......6 pints.......not even a night out

just wait until it becomes like cigarettes..........

temperance league here we come

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Good man, he may very well get elected on that! Change the name to UKdrinksindependant party

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35261968

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• Gold FFM

They'll publish whatever gets them the biggest industry research grant.  Guess there's not much money in proving that trees might help prevent flooding.

All these 'discoveries' should have their funding source published alongside.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

All of this advice comes far too late for any of us....! Must admit, I drink far less now than I did when I was a wage slave. The need seems to have reduced; drinking a whole bottle of wine is unusual, Christmas Day I did do a bottle of Lanson and one of Pommard. And some brandy... but that lot would have been a warm up in the old days. As for a "session" being 2 1/2 pints.....!!!! Perhaps...but not if it was beer. And Nigella shows the preservative qualities of white powder rather well, doesn't she? 

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

One of these days some bright spark of a researcher is going to come out with a study proving that breathing kills brain cells, while neglecting to note that not breathing kills them faster.

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

got some new wine glasses :P

d5dd643969d1bd6c16af3d1c1c89059e.jpg

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

and i need some advise as i am concerned that these beer tankards may be to large ..........HELP

dollhouse_miniature_pewter_beer_mugs_2.j

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

I seem to have used up my quota for the next couple of months over last night and Friday night.......What will I do next weekend.........lol

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

• Gold FFM

I felt that this topic needed a more balanced view. After all, there are two photographs of Gillian on here. So, consider it now balanced.

That's better. Swoon........

18-times-nigella-lawson-was-absolutely-filthy-1-31367-1383746969-0_big.jpg

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Now there's 2 Jugs I could drink from! Wow! For her age she is amazing!

In terms of the poll, it does seem rather obvious we are all a bunch of cynical piss heads!

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Kimbers said:

Now there's 2 Jugs I could drink from! Wow! For her age she is amazing!

In terms of the poll, it does seem rather obvious we are all a bunch of cynical piss heads!

So it is true, you have met me then!

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Hehe......wait....who put they are going T total? Bib's hunt them down and ensure they replace their Lotus with a suitable car....like a smart car or Minivan!

On 10/01/2016 at 01:10, C8RKH said:

I felt that this topic needed a more balanced view. After all, there are two photographs of Gillian on here. So, consider it now balanced.

That's better. Swoon........

18-times-nigella-lawson-was-absolutely-filthy-1-31367-1383746969-0_big.jpg

Wait...

What...

What are we talking about again,  I was misled by some..  Wait...

What...

Dam it !

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017