free hit
counters
Cheltenham Lotus Meet - Topics - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Cheltenham Lotus Meet

alias23

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
17 minutes ago, alias23 said:

A few of us are organising an evening meet.... Likely in the Cheltenham locale on a Thursday night.

If anyone is interested reply to this message and ill ping updates as i get more info 

I could well be up for that.  I live just north of Cheltenham, where were you thinking of meeting?

Date: Thursday 11th February

Time: Circa 7/7.30pm

Location: The Langton in Cheltenham, good food/drink, and importantly lots of easy flat car parking (www.thelangton.co.uk) 

If you're interested and can attend, just ping me a PM. Thanks

www.alias23.com

• Gold FFM

Hmm - it's the chance of snow that's putting me off - and the fact the tax runs out in Jan.

I was tempted to sorn her for Feb - as I just can't see getting the time or weather to drive. Nearly pointing her the wrong way off a roundabout a few weeks ago has made me a bit ice shy !!! Even the vans slipping all over the place at the minute.

But - things do change - we shall see. Name is on the list for brooklands - that's firm fixed and happening!!!! It's a great day

wife was chewing about me having two toys today - shes onto a looser there !!!!

Only here once

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to meeting you all :)

There was a possibility that it might rain about six then go really cold. With my Esprit background I wasn't going to chance it if there was any chance of frost or ice, particularly having to go over Birdlip Hill! It looks fine now though, if somewhat chilly B-)

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

Gents,

I've had a nightmare of a trip trying to get back from London to Gloucester, meeting over ran, then problems with train, now get home and my son whose 16 months is not well. Therefore with regret I'm not going to be able to make tonight. Very sorry for pulling out at such short notice. What I can offer as way of apology is a round of drinks on me at the next meet. 

Once again sorry for any inconvenience.

www.alias23.com

No problem Imran, I hope that the young man is ok.

Dave, Richard and myself made it and had a drink and a good chat. We need to do this again when the evenings are lighter. Perhaps find a pub a bit further out in the sticks?

Thank you for organising. Oh and perhaps you and the other chaps might be able to make:

It's just a short hop down the A40  :thumbup:

• 8 months later...

Gentlemen (and any ladies) @huggy617 fancies a meet up. I'm all for it. He's in Fairford and I'm in Swindon. Can we pencil something in before the weather gets too cruddy? @alias23? I'm happy to organise if there is interest :)

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Hi Folks,

@DJW and I are looking to meet up for a drink and catch up this Thursday. If weather remains dry we'll be at the Royal George at Birdlip for 7pm.

https://www.oldenglishinns.co.uk/our-locations/the-royal-george-hotel-birdlip

Royal George, Birdlip, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, GL4 8JH

For those interested in meeting up just let us know. Likely we'll be parked at the rear of the pub car park. Cheers, Imran

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

www.alias23.com

Wife isnt doing to well, so currently on kid duty. May get out later .... what time do you guys think you will be done there?

.:: Lotus Evora 400 - Red ::.. | ..:: Tesla Model S - Midnight Silver | Renault Twizy - Brilliant Black ::..