free hit
counters
S1 - tyres - Page 3 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Nexens don't do both sizes in an H. One of them is a T rated, so thats out for me.  Looks like it may be Nankang then.  So you'll be MoT'd and coming to Duxford on Sunday ??

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Still waiting for glass and can't fit in retest till Tuesday! 

Think Pauls got Nankang. Only didn't buy them because of the tread pattern. Mine are all fitted and similar to the original Dunlop( my spare has an unused Dunlop SP.

Hi Jon think I found the numbers! Front and back are different.image.jpegimage.jpeg

I like em!image.jpegimage.jpeg

I had an email reply back from Mytyres today. They confirmed that they guarantee their tyres are less than 2 years old - (as your date codes confirm). So I've ordered a pair of MA510E 205/60 R1488H and MA-P1 205/70 R14 95V.

I can confirm they are no more than 2 years old. My Maxxis are similar dates to Fabian's. Both bought this year.

Been giving them a spanking recently and the grip is very good. Need to fiddle with the pressures a bit. Currently I have 27psi on the back as per manual and 25psi on the front which is higher than the manual and possibly a bit too high as she feels a little too light but it worked better for the Nexens I had previously. If only we could get matching tread patterns all round that would be a serious visual improvement but right now I'm happy that the tyres stick and I have fresh rubber on the car!

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Think your be pleased with them, mine look much better than I expected.