free hit
counters
2016 Bell & Covill Concours d'Elegance - Page 3 - TLF International Lotus Day | MBW/Brooklands - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

2016 Bell & Covill Concours d'Elegance

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guys and girls, I have to say what a beautiful bunch of cars were in the Concours! MJK and myself were talking about it a short time ago and both of us are of the opinion that there were just as

Had a brilliant day and to win best in class was the absolute icing on the cake and something l was genuinely not expecting - many thanks to everyone who organised the event - one fantastic day and gr

Thanks to all those who took part and made it great spectacle. The quality of cars was exceptionality high making it very tough for the judges. Thanks to them and also to Chris who managed to fit

Posted Images

Nor did I. Red light, on the right hand side of the binnacle.

Glad I found out today rather than in a 3 hour traffic jam on the M25 next weekend.

The usual cause of the fan fail light on the early Turbo is the fused fan relay which melts. Instead of fitting a bigger relay which doesnt melt, they decided to fit a warning light! Later cars did away with this fused relay.

Thanks Andy. Will see if I can discover the cause - not sure I'll have it sorted by next Sunday though.

I thought I'd already entered, but it seems I forgot :(

I'd be interested in entering the concours if there's space left...

Thanks,
Mark.

1994 Lotus Esprit S4  &  2016 Tesla Model S P90D

• JAWS - 2010 Evora
  • Rupert - 2004 Elise
  • TrevorB - 1992 Elan SE Turbo
  • ChrisJ - 1982 Turbo Esprit
  • Steve - 1980 Essex Esprit
  • Kalli - 2015 Exige S Coupe
  • The Pits - 1981 Turbo Esprit
  • Peapod - Exige S
  • LotusPilot - 2014 Exige S Roadster
  • Domguy - exige s1
  • Bruce Crowthorne - 1968 Elan S4
  • mayesprit - S2 Elan m100
  • JG - 2009 Evora
  • Orangebomb 2006 Exige 320S
  • Geoff Morgan - Lotus Europa
  • DDubya (Danny) 1954 Lotus Mark VI
  • Andyww. 1982 Turbo Esprit
  • Atak - 2011 Exige S
  • Brian - Esprit S3
  • grahamk - Elan M100 S2
  • robington 82 turbo esprit
  • Laurie S2 Esprit World Champion
  • Andy - 2009 Elise S2 R 'UK Special' with Factory SC kit fitted
  • Jonathan 1976 Esprit S1 
  • Nicholas Bassett - Esprit GT3 1998
  • Markw996
  • J141 - Evora S

Just a reminder that you'll need to be parked up in the Concours parking area by 10.00am.

There will be a form to fill in on arrival giving details of the car which can be left on the dash/windscreen. I'll bring some spare pens but if you have one that would be great.  

Weather looks set for some fine polishing tomorrow.

• Like 1

Regrettably I am going to have to pull out of the concours competition as my S1 EXIGE won't be completed in time. It has been with Steff at Analogue Automotive since October last year undergoing a major restoration.  The game plan was to have the car ready for Sunday, complete with a full set of photos showing the entire restoration process.  Steff takes immense pride in his work, the temptation was certainly there to cut corners and get the car ready to parade in front of 300 or so potential customers however he chose not to.  Instead he will be focusing on completing the job to his usual very high standards, which I personally think speaks volumes.  I am 100% confident the little S1 would have won! (There's always next year). I will be posting photos under the Elise/Exige section so watch this space.....

• Like 1

About the parade laps, MB usually need to see driving licence to go on the track, not sure this applies here. 

Best avoid going into the barrier as a Lambo did in front of us last week at Auto Italia day!

Seeing as DomGuy has regrettably pulled out his Exige S1 I'd be happy to chuck mine in its place.  Mine is certainly minty fresh but has deviated somewhat from factory specification (Understatement).  

• Like 2

:thumbup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Bibs

Any word on trailer parking at hotel

Danny

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

Give them a call mate, this is from our PM's...

The hotel doesn't have any extra long spaces but give them a call and see if they'll block something off for you.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

On ‎01‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 19:25, ChrisJ said:

I'm probably going to have to pull out of the concours with my Esprit as my fan fail light came on while going into Duxford today and the engine temp rose quite quickly. It's fine when moving, but I don't want to risk it in a queue - i.e. the M25 on the way home.

I'll try to see if I can fix it by the weekend - but me and fixing cars doesn't really work very well :)

I'll be in my 1989 Excel - not really a concours car - but I'll enter it as there isn't one on the list if no-one objects.

I'm back on with the Esprit :animier::animier::happy dance::happy dance::happy dance::happy dance::happy dance::happy dance::happy dance::animier::animier:

It was the earth from the fused relay - it had fallen off the washer motor earth.

Excel next year!

See you all Sunday

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Bazza 907 said:

Just a reminder that you'll need to be parked up in the Concours parking area by 10.00am.

There will be a form to fill in on arrival giving details of the car which can be left on the dash/windscreen. I'll bring some spare pens but if you have one that would be great.  

Weather looks set for some fine polishing tomorrow.

Any chance of posting the form so it can be printed out and filled in beforehand?

Hope there are no difficult questions on it, I wont have woken up yet by the time I get there :)

One thing worth mentioning is there is a gate across Wellington Way which is the normal route from the East which they dont open until 9:30 ish so you have to go around the south side and enter near the Tescos if its closed.

JAWS - 2010 Evora
Rupert - 2004 Elise
TrevorB - 1992 Elan SE Turbo
ChrisJ - 1982 Turbo Esprit
Steve - 1980 Essex Esprit
Kalli - 2015 Exige S Coupe
The Pits - 1981 Turbo Esprit
Peapod - Exige S
LotusPilot - 2014 Exige S Roadster
Domguy - exige s1
Bruce Crowthorne - 1968 Elan S4
mayesprit - S2 Elan m100
JG - 2009 Evora
Orangebomb 2006 Exige 320S
Geoff Morgan - Lotus Europa
DDubya (Danny) 1954 Lotus Mark VI
Andyww. 1982 Turbo Esprit
Atak - 2011 Exige S
Brian - Esprit S3
grahamk - Elan M100 S2
robington 82 turbo esprit
Laurie S2 Esprit World Champion
Andy - 2009 Elise S2 R 'UK Special' with Factory SC kit fitted
Jonathan 1976 Esprit S1 
Nicholas Bassett - Esprit GT3 1998
Markw996
J141 - Evora S
Andrew C Esprit V8 

Sorry for those that can't make it (I know how it feels) but that is one hell of a line up. Great work everyone.

Time to crack open a new can of elbow grease!

9 hours ago, Andyww said:

Any chance of posting the form so it can be printed out and filled in beforehand?

Hope there are no difficult questions on it, I wont have woken up yet by the time I get there :)

One thing worth mentioning is there is a gate across Wellington Way which is the normal route from the East which they dont open until 9:30 ish so you have to go around the south side and enter near the Tescos if its closed.

Hi Andy

Sorry can't post it up as it's on work computer... at work

Don't worry there are no tricky questions over and above the year the car was registered, your name etc. Only thing that requires any thought are some bullet points asking if there are any interesting features. Saying it's a roadworthy Lotus doesn't count as one :lol:

I went to look for last years forms, but they are no longer on the server :stuart:

Did you collect yours from Gerald?

y3mG6TETrG8WqMmzbFg8RZLWbNsjyeTVPtBoLu2d

On ‎14‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 17:38, Bazza 907 said:

Back by popular demand there will be a Concours d'Elegance competition open to all Lotus cars with the highlight of MJK being one of the judges. As last year there will be a separate parking area at MBW close to the main building for the competition.

There will be several categories depending on age of car and some great awards for the winners. The categories will be for cars built 

1974 and earlier

1975 to 1985

1986 to 2006

2006 onwards

In addition there will be a top award for "Car of the Concours" judged by MJK with a trophy presented by him to the winner, named in his honour.

Judging will be based on a range of different criteria that will include (but not be limited to) things such as originality, usage, general interest and modifications.

We hope to have around 30 cars and those taking part you'll need to arrive by 10am whereupon you'll be given a form to fill in giving a few details about the car for interest and judging. Like last year if we see some exceptional cars turn up on the day we may encourage the owners to enter even if they've not signed up in advance. The awards ceremony will be at 2.30pm in the S-Class Suite of MBW.

If your interested in participating please put your name/car down in a list below.

All Concours entrants are welcome to join in on the parade laps around the MBW test track from 1:15pm. Please be in your cars and ready at 1pm, if you're late, you miss out.

If you wish to partake, please make sure you're in the S Class Suite in MBW for midday where a safety briefing will take place and you'll have to sign their disclaimer to get a wrist band to go onto the track. 

Best of luck

stuart  30 lotus elan +2 130/5 1973

That's 30, concours in now full :) 

Evora NA

Hi

I wont be able to bring my brother S2 World Champion Esprit (stupid problem with some door trim).

However \I am bringing my Evora which I also entered in the Concours, not sue why I can't see it in the list??

cheers

Christian

Sorry my brothers name is Laurie..

• Bibs unpinned this topic