free hit
counters
School run. PJ's or not? School bans parents - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

School run. PJ's or not? School bans parents

Kimbers

So a school has banned parents from bringing their kids to school in their "nightclothes" saying it gives their kids a poor impression. Telling them to "Wash and get dressed".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-35413153

Is this more of the nanny state or do you agree? I must admit to having got up put trackie bottoms on over my boxers and then gone back to bed after dropping them off.

For me, if I am having a day off during the week (which I don't do very often) it's highly likely I am going to have a slobbing day and will pretty much curl up on the sofa with some Coffee and watch some crap and maybe play a computer game and totally chill. I don't need a teacher who gets 6 weeks off just in the summer alone!!! to tell me what I need to do when I use one of my total 20 days off a year!

But you may disagree!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I partially agree (now is that with Kimbers, the school, Chipp or Advantage?:devil:)

I agree parents should set a good example. I support the school for wanting to try and get parents to do this (but say that the school should not need to be getting parents to be parents, but only support their desire, not their actions.

I do not think the school can reasonably set rules that will be inflexible and be unable to take account of isolated days or uncommon situations. For that reason I have to agree with Kimbers on his point of day-off and not getting dressed for work etc, or perhaps somebody that works nights. That's very different to the tiny minority such as a person who doesn't work and 5 days out of 5 would not get out of bed attire until noon, which sets a poor example about getting up in time for school.

I appreciate that teachers do work during those 6 weeks in the summer, 3 weeks at Christmas etc, planning lessons, marking etc. Do they comply with a dress-code then? I doubt it, but that is't a concern, so why do they concern themselves with the dress code of others?

Why does the inexorable march towards chavdom always lead with "It's none of your business"? I'm not sure why the default position of slovenly should be heralded as something about which to be proud - or even defended. That way Council lies. Free sofa for every front garden.

• Gold FFM

It's just another position of utter madness

we are loosing our common decency as a society. Responsibility is making way for entitlement and blame - what a disgrace.

Of course you should be dressed when in public - simple really

• Like 1

Only here once

Nope. never gonna happen. Boxers and trackies on my day off.....and you are lucky to get the trackies! :o:P

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Oh, i'm going to pour petrol on the fire now.

My other half is a teacher and make no mistake...they work bloody hard during those '6 weeks off' during the summer, along with the other term breaks. The work comes with them on holiday, couple with the weekends during term time. As a child, we all viewed summer holidays as big breaks - we never experienced them as a teacher, who work through it solidly planning for next years lessons to give them enough time to mark during the remaining free time during the year.

As for PJs - i'm in complete agreement with the Headteacher. I'm sorry, but your a PARENT - that means you're the one who's responsible for raising the child to be a mature adult. I'm sure many would agree that a good parent doesn't swear, get into arguments in the street, be chauvinistic etc infront of the child. But a teacher arguably spends as much time (if not more) raising the child Mon-Fri. It's not a criticism - it's the way the world works.  The teacher's profession is raising children, setting examples, and being a role model. The turn up every day of formal lessons in business attire to set that example. Every day the headmaster does the prowl to make sure all children have their shirts tucked in, and so on. 

How does it look when their parent - their go-to role model - turns up in contradicting clothing?

Slob day and just dropping the kid off is one thing - you're staying in the car, and so on - heck, i'd do that. But turning up in a dressing gown/actual PJs and lingering on the school grounds whilst waiting for the child afterschool/attending meetings is not suitable. Rule 1 of meetings - dress for the occasion, and in this case, business. 

If the parent is not getting out of the car then I don't mind too much if they are in a bikini let alone PJs! But if not and they are getting out, mingling with other parents and children waiting for their child then I think they should be properly dressed. Casual clothes are fine but PJs or onesies just look sloppy - would you wear them to the supermarket; if not then how is school that much different? :)

"All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad."

~ Jeremy Clarkson (about the Lotus Esprit)

• Gold FFM

Here we go - tongue firmly placed in cheek

maybe we should respectfully ask them to get dressed, get a bloody job and start contributing to society in a positive way :sofa:

:whistle:

Only here once

When I had three jobs on the go at the same time, and I had been up since 5.30, and put my recycling out at 8am in my dressing gown, I wondered if the people in the passing cars thought "lazy git, I'm on my way to work and he's still in his pj's"........

But you know what? It took 45 seconds to put on a pair of jeans/socks/shirt before I did the school run. 

So yes, set an example at school. You can slob around the house naked when you get back-or is that 90 seconds of getting trousers/shirt on and off again too much of an infringement of your time? ;)

• Gold FFM
On 27/01/2016 at 12:13, ian29gte said:

I agree, it's completely disgraceful mothers turning up to school looking like slobs in pyjamas.

Negligees should be compulsory for MILFS, though.

I think the real problem is that a lot of the "mothers" these days are just still children themselves. The MILFS in negligees are likely to be the grannies - so Ian, you and Rooney share something in common maybe but I wager it is not how you dribble your balls!

To get back to the topic - they should get dressed. If they can't be arsed then their arses should be flayed with a freshly stripped birch branch in public. I'm sick and tired of this dumbing down to the lowest point in the ecological chain. It's about time we started to focus on evolution and aspiring to be the best we can and rewarding the behaviours that support that. Evolution - the new Revolution - Evolve or die (well, technically you will die but only becuase we've killed you off as you added no value to the gene pool).

And Kalli - yes teachers work hard etc in the holidays. But so do many others who get 4 weeks holidays in a year in total and not 12 or 13. I had a holiday with the family at this last Christmas in the Canaries for a week. The first holiday in 30 years I did not take work, laptop, mobile phone etc with me on and the first one I did not work during. But maybe that was because I was in between jobs - hahahah ;)

I've walked out of a school teachers common room in disgust when doing a private sector management mentoring programme for teachers as some of them were dressed like tramps and just looked like they did not care and actually gave off that aroma of, "I just don't care".  I know, not representative of all teachers - but we've all seen some and thought ...........  Just saying.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

On 03/02/2016 at 19:35, clivef38 said:

Sad generation no pride. As an old guy i still get up on Sundays and get dressed. Shit showered and shaved. 

Sunday, if I am not working, are the day I don't even get out of my sleeping gear. I normally pull on some tracky bottoms, cook some bacon and spend the day slobbing on the Sofa's or play computer games with my sons.

If I am asked to do any work around the house, 2 fingers are held up and I politely tell that person that they can F**k Off. 

• Gold FFM

No excuse. She should get up earlier or teach her three kids under 6 to get dressed themselves, then she would have the oooh, 3 minutes it takes to put some clothes on and get in the car.  Jeez, she looked like a teacher too so probably right based on how I've seen some of them dress they'd be smarter in the PJ's anyway.....

Just call me old fashioned, but it's just laziness. Of course, our parents were never too busy bringing us up, scratching around for hens meat, which is why we see all those old pictures of them walking about in their PJ's as they were just too darn busy to get dressed. Pah, hong kong phooey and balony! ;)

download.jpg

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

I am going to attend the Summers Lotus event at Brooklands in my Boxers just to protest the lot of you!

Incidently. I am still wearing my night clothes right now whilst working from home so :harhar: