free hit
counters
Coilovers - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Hi all,

I had KW3 coilovers in my 911 and absolutely loved them.  I would like to now look at putting coilovers in the Lotus.   Doesn't seem to be a great deal of variety out there.  Can some one please tell me if these ones will fit the 1982 model ?  http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/coilover-suspension-kits/spax-rsx-coilover-suspension-kit

thank you !

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The original shocks on the car are coilovers (ie the spring surrounds the shock) so this doesnt really make any sense. But if you mean "New shocks" then unfortunately the original Lotus ones are no lo

On 27/01/2016 at 22:45, hepkat63 said:

I would like to now look at putting coilovers in the Lotus.  

The original shocks on the car are coilovers (ie the spring surrounds the shock) so this doesnt really make any sense. But if you mean "New shocks" then unfortunately the original Lotus ones are no longer available.

Some adjustables are made by Protech and AVO but these dont have a great reputation. 

It is believed that the Bilstein shocks which Lotus have sourced as an upgrade for 1985-onwards cars will fit 1982 cars if the lower spring platform is left off them. These are expensive but would likely be the best option.

As Andy says above, remember that Lotus were and are world experts in suspension so dont expect any third-party alternative to be better in terms of damper calibration, in fact expect worse if anything. If your current shocks are worn out though, even a sub-standard fitment would be an improvement but not as good as original Lotus.

• Like 1