free hit
counters
Geneva 2016 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Geneva 2016

So Geneva International Autoshow is upon us. Lotus hasn't confirmed yet their presence, but it appears that they will be there according to a recent posting.

The Lotus 3Eleven will make it's "big" first international appearance. They introduced the refreshed Exige Sport 350 recently but is yet to make the show rounds. Rumour has it that the Evora roadster would be introduced in the fall. However they used last year show to present the Evora 400. 

So what other novelty from Lotus are we likely to see at the biggest car show of the year ?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Their press conference is on the 1st March in the afternoon. TLF will be there :)

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 2 weeks later...
ill be there at 5th of march. Anyone else?
Did any of you have heard what new ? If Lotus present a new model ? 

• 2 weeks later...

Lotus unveils fastest ever line up at Geneva 2016

Lotus CEO, Jean-Marc Gales, will be centre stage on the Lotus stand at this year’s Geneva International Motor Show to personally remove the covers from the company’s fastest ever line up of production road cars.

On the Lotus stand there will be four cars – two of them being the Nürburgring lap-shattering Lotus 3-Eleven and the fastest Lotus Elise, the Cup 250, along with two new sports cars making their debuts.

Join us on 01 March 2016 at 15:45 CET to find out why #LightisRight

That came with 'not for publication' but seeing as others have posted it all over facebook... 

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

It is. 

Evora NA

SUV. You know you all want to see it. :yes: 

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

That came with 'not for publication' but seeing as others have posted it all over facebook... 

Yup, I saw it elsewhere first so it looks like no-one elected to take any notice of the embargo on this announcement.

Still, can't wait to see what the 2 new cars are.

I'm thinking Evora Cup...

Posted on MLOC a few months ago:

There's certainly a "place holder" on the Lotus website for an Evora Cup ;)

http://www.lotuscars.com/evora-cup

It's a picture of the old Cup car, but the text hasn't been set, and according to the wayback machine back when the original Evora Cup was launched the site structure was a little different ;)

i dont think this will be the new Evora CUP. Because Lotus wrote: "remove the covers from the company’s fastest ever line up of production road cars." The old Evora CUP was not road legal i think...

Edited by 4exige

• Gold FFM

Evora Cup by looks of lightweight forged wheels, "black" side windows, front bonnet/grill area.

Lighter 2+0 variant?

image.jpg

I can't help but think it's a deliberate rouse to hide the roof... more than an accident to position the car cover like that.

However, if it's NOT the roadster now, many will be disappointed I think, more than those who are excited about an Evora Cup.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

I'm just driving up to Hethel... 

• Like 1

Evora NA

Please let it be an SUV. Whats not to like. Beautiful Liquid Yellow, Black diamond Cut Wheels, Height  Adjustable Suspension,

lotus-suv_1600x0w.jpg

• Like 1

"Fastest line up of production cars"; 3-11, 250 Cup already known about so the 2 new cars are surely the fasted production versions of the Evora and Exige, guessing the 350 Roadster which presumably will be the fastest Exige Roadster to date and whatever Evora is under the blanket - here's hoping for the Cup.

Looking at the picture, that air intake on the side of the Exige looks very shiny, maybe even Carbon Fibre, can't imagine that would be on anything other than a Cup variant?

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

I'd love to see the rest of that Exige :) 

• Like 1

Evora NA

• Gold FFM

Evora for me please.

Wanna know if it will reduce current 400s :lol:

• Like 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel