free hit
counters
Geneva 2016 - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Geneva 2016

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

All being well, along with photographing and videoing the press conference in full HD, we'll be broadcasting it in real time using Periscope.

Get the app - https://www.periscope.tv/ and follow @thelotusforums

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

My guess for the Geneva line up: 3 Eleven, Elise 250 Cup, Exige 375 Cup, Evora '410' Sport 

No Evora roasdster as they may introduce at Goodwood this summer, and no SUV as they will probably want to show it first to the the Chinese Gov and customer so possibly Beijing in april this year or more certainly next year (2017) in Shanghai which seems does match some other people prediction and industry standards  and would indicate that things are evolving according to plan on the Chinese front so that the car rolls of the chain in 2019.

I'll be glad to be proven wrong.

Edited by NedaSay

18 hours ago, johnpwalsh said:

Please let it be an SUV. Whats not to like. Beautiful Liquid Yellow, Black diamond Cut Wheels, Height  Adjustable Suspension,

lotus-suv_1600x0w.jpg

Looks fast. :driving:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

13 hours ago, Bibs said:

All being well, along with photographing and videoing the press conference in full HD, we'll be broadcasting it in real time using Periscope.

Get the app - https://www.periscope.tv/ and follow @thelotusforums

Done, thanks for making this available.

btw at what time is the broadcast?

Edited by jbs

3:45 CET. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I'd still like to see the rest of that Exige in the teaser pic... 

• Like 2

Evora NA

yes, "Options" like sun visors:o

...but I like the idea behind the car a lot (beside of some Marketing gags, I guess the delelete of weight is a result of : no Stereo, no airco, no Sound insulation, no sun visors ;-).....at least an airco would be needed if you want to use the car in "normal road use...)

23 minutes ago, Snoopy1969 said:

yes, "Options" like sun visors:o

You may laugh at that, but I had to pay to remove them on our V6 and it leaves an annoying bar. I was really glad to see them become an option on new cars. I think that the stripes on the side and decals make it look a bit dated (but that never harmed the GT3 RS), looks great.

Would still love to see a roadster though.

I'm not that up on Evora pricing or options on the 400, how does it compare?

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

Tom, was it an option for the visors not to be fitted or did you get them done after you got the car? They are easily removed without removing any of the trim so you shouldn't have had to pay to get that work done!

You are right they do leave a bar where they are supposed to fit. Did your passenger visor come with the message about the airbag on the reverse. Looks unsightly.

I sourced some original Lotus black leather visors for my LF1, look way better than the ones supplied.

I don't think it was an option, at least if it was I was not aware of it. With the LF1 it was a choice of 3 extras, Convenience pack, Heated Seats and Parking (scare) sensors. Pretty simple - all cars should be like that!

Not sure I paid, was done when it was having some other stuff done. I wanted them off because of the stupid health and safety that could not be removed, along with the fact they just obstructed the view and made no difference whether up or down.

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

Relating to the rather cramped cabin of the exige the deletion of the sun visors might have a real sense - but within the Evora there is (relatively) plenty of headroom and the visors are not that bad if the sun shines (I agree on the odd sticker comment...but laws....I wonder there is mo sticker in the engine bay - "may be hot - Keep children and grandmas away"...) so in my eyes more or less a marketing gag (read Porsche 911 Clubsport in the eighties with one sun Visor ......) 

F...ck me I got the name wrong again. So the car has the same powertrain specification as the 3Eleven minus the Xtrac AMT... So if one was to go to Xtrac with a big pile of cash, one would be able to get the extra 40 bhp available right!? Where is my tartan interior. I want my tartan interior as standard :P This is a lot of carbon fiber, that louvered tailgate with integrated spoiler is quite something... Not exactly my thing as I would prefer a treatment à la 675 LT - thinner piece of lexan polycarbonate with drilled holes.  

More seriously the car looks like the business and if one wants to have a face off with a certain GT4 from a Weissach this is the car to do it with.

The seats will be different. NHTSA requires side airbags, and in the US Evora the side airbags will be built in the seats. So the Evora Sport 410 US spec will receive a different version of the seat, probably just a carbon back Sparco seat instead of the Carbon back Probax seats showed in the pics.