free hit
counters
Somewhat Laughed... - Page 6 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Somewhat Laughed...

Kalli

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

You have to love his perseverance and positive attitude when something goes awry.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

If he has an original headlight bracket and that is mounted where it should be, why the height problem? I wonder if something else is out? I am pretty sure that he took the measurements for the rivnuts from the original aluminium front structure?

I hope he hasn't missed something somewhere? By missed, I mean some other damage that is not evident.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

I reckon he'd be a great guy to sit down and have a chat with.

I wonder if he will keep this or move it on?

I wonder what he does for income?

I wonder if he will keep this or move it on?

> He has said on several of his videos that he buys these cars to keep them, not to sell them. 

I wonder what he does for income?

> He is an App Developer i.e. computer programmer.

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 08:41, Barrykearley said:

Surely the font end of the whole tub is bent down ??? 

That's my exact thoughts Barry. The clamshell definitely bolts to the end crash bar using that channel bracket he had bonded to his clamshell. His new front crash bar sits 1/2" too low but that's about it. I've tried sending the guy some pictures but never get a response. I do like watching these videos and he seems like a cool guy to hang out with!

David

New episode. He found his fault with the front clam! And its starting to take shape.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Already posted by Bravo73.

Not sure that spending an evening with a computer programmer who spends all his spare time in a dusty garage talking to himself on camera is my idea of a great night out. I enjoy his films though! :thumbup:

Had to drive lots of cars at the dealership with those in-mirror cameras. Hated them. Any light hitting the mirror made your view invisible.

After disassembling the front end of my car to replace the clutch master cylinder, it became apparent that Lotus just wants people to believe working on these cars is somehow more complex than any other vehicle. Or maybe that's just what most people familiar with Lotus want to believe based on the book hours for most jobs. 

I would have been thrilled if I could have removed a "rear clam" on my mk2 MR-2 when I had to repair/replace the crankshaft pulley and front seals. Having to stand inside a trunk and lean over a motor made for a really achy back. 

If/when it's clutch changing time I'm sure it won't be a simple job compared to your standard FR car, but I'll save a boatload on labor. 

He definitely has a love affair with metal versus aluminium doesn't he?

He loses the automatic mirror function as well, but it's probably not a biggie.