free hit
counters
Somewhat Laughed... - Page 7 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Somewhat Laughed...

Kalli

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Well done. Good on him. Jealous.

How can he drive around without plates on the car?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

You have to admire his dedication, but at the end of the day he has so far spent the equivalent of GBP 22,000, plus all those man hours on bringing back to life what is still probably the worst Lotus Evora on the planet. It will have pitiful re-sale value when the time comes for him to move it on, because everybody knows its write-off history and how it's been repaired. There's also still plenty to sort out like the airbags, some trim, ill-fitting panels, potentially leaky windscreen etc. It also seems to sit a bit nose-up, maybe due to the 20" front wheels?

Still, he's kept us entertained all year and seems delighted, so hats off to him for that.

• Like 1

I think to be honest it was more about the process and teaching himself new skills than the finished product. Just look at his enthusiasm through all the videos.

I personally think he's done a pretty good job, but to judge solely on the quality of the finished product is only considering half of his achievements.

@Bravo73 not sure anyone has said this, but thanks for taking the time to post each new video up on this thread and to keep it ticking over. It's very much appreciated.

• Like 2

No problem at all. I've been as fascinated, and entertained, as most others during the process. 

(I suspect that 'I came for the Evora but I'll stay for the rest of his builds'. Perversely, I've always hated those FJ things but I can't wait to see what he does with it). 

• Like 2

Wow ... he finally is finished... and he loves the car ... he is fascinated how quite it is in the cabin?!? I wonder what he drove before?

Great entertainment... and only possible in the US ... in Germany you would have no chance to pass MOT (TÜV) after all his "fixes"...

Hope he will enjoy it... the car looks great!

• Like 1

Without a doubt, one of the most enjoyable series on YT compared to all the other rubbish. Slo-mo guys (the videos that Bibs post quite frequently) are good as well.

• Like 2

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

12 hours ago, NW76 said:

Wow ... he finally is finished... and he loves the car ... he is fascinated how quite it is in the cabin?!? I wonder what he drove before?

Great entertainment... and only possible in the US ... in Germany you would have no chance to pass MOT (TÜV) after all his "fixes"...

Hope he will enjoy it... the car looks great!

VEry true, but then the fastest he will ever drive is 80 mph, which is roughly the entry speed on our Autobahns.

• Like 1

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

I like the guy, but was I the only person who after listening to his story at the start of the final vid was concerned he was probably driving while still drunk, and pissing about on his phone while doing so at that? Maybe just me, but that's not the smartest thing to be throwing up on YouTube, but then I do have a huge issue with driving over the limit.

• Gold FFM
On 16/11/2016 at 10:44, Colin G said:

I like the guy, but was I the only person who after listening to his story at the start of the final vid was concerned he was probably driving while still drunk, and pissing about on his phone while doing so at that? Maybe just me, but that's not the smartest thing to be throwing up on YouTube, but then I do have a huge issue with driving over the limit.

You were not alone......

• Like 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

• 4 months later...