free hit
counters
Hi Everyone! Recently brought my first Lotus!! - Introductions - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Hi Everyone! Recently brought my first Lotus!!

Dan MM

Hello everyone! 

New very proud keeper of a Elise S since August last year. I haves loved every minute and looking forward to plenty of driving this year. The car is pretty standard with just a front splitter and I intend on keeping it that way. I currently work for  what used to Caparo AP Braking before the unfortunate collapse of the U.K. Steel indusrtry, as a Motorsport design engineer but also responsible for running of the Caparo T1 hypercar produced by the company in 2007. Anyway I'm based in Kimberley, Nottinghamshire and I look forward to hopefully meeting a few of you soon. Regular F1, WRC, LeMans attendee and always up for a spot of go karting! 

Dan MM

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome to TLF. I was good friends with Matt Cummings for a while before he went back flying so spent quite a bit of time around the Caparo. Hell of a car to drive to the shops!! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Welcome to TLF and to Lotus ownership. Caparo T1 was incredible, just came a few years too early, I reckon they'd have done quite well if launched in 2014. Stuff like the BAC Mono is selling better at £150k than it did for £85k. Crazy times!

Thanks for the welcome guys and I agree completely the T1 is insane. I've been lucky enough to both drive T1s and also be a passenger beside a couple of pro drivers around different circuits and the performance really is staggering and difficult to put into words but I was seriously shocked how it made GT race cars look like they was going backwards and embarrassed Elise's on the brakes by some margin! Sadly the development of the car was done before my time at the company but I was lucky enough to work closely with Ben Scott-Geddes for a number of years until he went to Ferrari. I wouldn't rule out an evolution of the car now the company has new investors! 

Dan ( impersonating a police officer ?)

image.jpeg

Welcome to TLF Dan. :welcome:

Are you serious? The police in the UK ave a Caparo in their fleet?

Nice elise by the way. :thumbup: 

Any other questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Welcome to TLF......great looking car....

You'll have to pop along to the Lotus International day at MBW Brooklands...it's an amazing day....and the Brooklands museum is very good too.......lots of racing history....:thumbup:

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

• Gold FFM

Welcome to the forum.  

Pretty sure I saw the T1 parade at Le Mans a couple of years back - albeit through the haze of a crate of "33" beers.  Stunning looking thing and the figures are insane.

Hi And welcome not from a place called Kimberley but it's my surname!

Anywho, welcome to the forum. Anything you need please don't hesitate to ask!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Hi Kimbers, Random post but made me laugh and thanks for the support.

Elan man I think the Brooklands day looks a good crack, i might have to pop along. Is anyone doing the Silverstone Classic?