free hit
counters
Lotus after market mods - Topics - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Lotus after market mods

OK.   Bibs has put the pressure on us to chat it up a bit.  Now that the dealership in Calgary has been open for many months, has anybody here bought from them?   Just wondering if we wanted to list what after market mods any have done to their vehicles?   Spring is coming ...... I'm getting the itch to drive again!

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK.   Bibs has put the pressure on us to chat it up a bit.  Now that the dealership in Calgary has been open for many months, has anybody here bought from them?   Just wondering if we wanted to list w

Hey John, I'm just trying to keep that ole beater of a S4 you sold me on the road!  lol.

I brought in a few oil seals/gaskets from the USA this winter, never even thought of the Calgary dealer to be honest.

Your ex-car is going strong, still loud as all get out, and other than tires, oil and a few little niggly bits (that should be expected in a 20 year old car) has been rock solid.

I hope you're enjoying the Evora S!

Thanks Richard!   I certainly have many fond memories of that car - my first Lotus.   We did lots of work to that car, and yes - I certainly loved the sound of the car!   Yes - there is now an official Lotus dealer in Calgary, and I did use Marcus from PUK for a lot of after-market stuff.

Thanks for keeping in touch, and I'm very happy to hear the car is still bringing smiles!   Cheers!   Have a great driving season.    :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi John,

I try to keep it original as much as I can.

Still sensible upgrades are not out of the question, I changed my brake flex lines for braided ones, I added black shrink on top of them so they look somewhat original.

Just ordered the braided line for the clutch, clutch slave, timing belt and K&N filter from JAE.

I keep all that interesting work for next winter.

I do agree with Bibs that we need to spice up the canadian side of things.

Something I learned about cars or planes, it all works until it doesn't anymore...sometime there is no way around it!

Thanks for keeping this forum open Luc.   I have never been afraid of modifying my cars, although I do believe your best re-sale value will be if the car is kept nearly stock.  I like what you've done, and can truly appreciate that.   I am now on my third Lotus - started with a 1994 S4, then a 2002 V8 twin turbo, and now I have an Evora S.   This is my first new Lotus, and since it is now out of warranty, why not modify it?   ;-)   

For details, go to the Evora model forum, then Evora chat, and see my project under "Aerobat's Evora Project".   Not cheap at all, but it will be a very unique car!

All the best to you!

After reading about your mods, I wouldn't call what I did a modification!

I think it's the first time I see what's hidden behind the Evora panels...Hooked, I want one!

Seriously, the 993 or the Esprit would have to go in order to get one but you have a serious project going on, good luck with everything.

I might have to have a look at the Evora forum once in a while... lots of forums to keep up with already!

Something I learned about cars or planes, it all works until it doesn't anymore...sometime there is no way around it!

Merci Luc.   Bon chance!   Too bad there wasn't more Canadian participation here.   Keep it up!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.