free hit
counters
Esprit v8 Ecu wanted - Page 2 - ECU/OBDII - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Esprit v8 Ecu wanted

Barrykearley

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
2 hours ago, swindon_alan said:

Yep will have a bash at that too Sparky. Is it also urgent (silly question probably!) 

Anybody got a really dead V8 ECM they could lend me? I would like to map out what is in one, even though it's irrelevant to a replacement TP jobbie. Ta

I could probably hook you up - know a guy who had a Final Edition until recently, think he went through a few.... 

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

• Gold FFM

Clearly not yet.

Wow, will the final edition be widely available soon?

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM
9 hours ago, internets said:

Surely the ECU is off something else? The 4 pot ECU is GM and fairly available if you know where to look...providing you don't need the memcal that is! 

Very very long shot but Mike Sekinger ? Might be worth a shot but he might have one lying around.

Mike can't help. The Ecu is for esprit v8, 340r and exige s1. It's a bastardised camero unit apparently - changed for lotus to run the turbo units.

ho hum. Onwards.........

Only here once

12 hours ago, Bibs said:

Isn't Pete fixing it, as I recommended? 

Lotus won't be interested. This has been an issue for 5+ years now and they stopped building the cars 12 years ago. There are only 1,000 V8's so you can see for them there will be no business case to explore a solution.

1,500 V8s Mr Bibs

Please stand corrected. That's 50% more :P

3 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

The Ecu is for esprit v8, 340r and exige s1. It's a bastardised camero unit apparently - changed for lotus to run the turbo units.

Barry, tell me more about what you heard on 340r and Exige S1? Used on Rover K series? Did you mean Camaro by the way (GM car)?

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

The V8, 340R and Exige S1 all use the same ecu. I doubt the Camaro used the same ecu though, probably a Delco unit in the mid 90's.

Ole Buhl Racing near Ringwood in Hampshire are agents for EFI Technology, maybe they can help.

Edited by sailorbob
  • Like 1

On 08/02/2016 at 15:42, Vanya said:

I could probably hook you up - know a guy who had a Final Edition until recently, think he went through a few.... 

Vanya?

Anybody else? I really could do with a completely dead/unrepairable ECM to examine :baby:

Even just a borrow would be fine...

Ill send the guy a message tonight 

• Like 1

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

• Gold FFM

Does anyone know how many programmable devices are in the 918 Ecu?

I believe its two flash devices ic19 and ic20 which are changed when upgrading these units. But do these devices also contain the software that makes these ecus car dependant? They we used on the exige s1 as well as the esprit - so I need to know if there are any other program chip differences.

cheers

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Thanks to @WEllison for answering this question.

massive thanks to @Hangar 111 for finding an Ecu from an exige that's now off for reprogramming.

fingers now crossed for a working car........

Only here once

• Gold FFM

My Ecu has arrived at the programmers - here's hoping for a good result.

fingers crossed if all goes well it will be back to me tomorrow on a before 10am courier - excited :animier:

• Like 2

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Still at the repairers - but looking a bit touch and go if he can sort it. If he does great. 

I was always looking for multiple options - if I end up with a spare Ecu it won't be the end of the world

Only here once

• Gold FFM
5 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

My Ecu has arrived at the programmers - here's hoping for a good result.

fingers crossed if all goes well it will be back to me tomorrow on a before 10am courier - excited :animier:

It's all done - come on fed ex - hurry up................

Only here once

11 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

It's all done - come on fed ex - hurry up................

I will keep my ears open for that V8 roar at around 10am tomorrow then hopefully, I should be able to hear it from here :thumbup:

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Come on then, surely doesn't take that long to plug the thing in. I want to see fumes from the exhaust at the very least just to prove it runs. :sofa:

• Like 1