free hit
counters
Windows - do they go all the way down? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Windows - do they go all the way down?

Ok, dumb question I guess !  I have just finally received my car (pictures will follow), but noticed that both the drivers and passenger windows only go down to within an inch of the bottom of the window.   Not only does this look silly, but I can't put my arm on the window when driving (i know, bad habit).  The PO tells me that it is correct, the windows in these models don't go all the way down - is that correct?  Seems kind of silly?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Certainly true for the S1 they stop short by about an inch as you say.

roger-moore-dropping-fish-from-lotus.jpg

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

Maybe they don't go all the way down so that you don't put your arm on the sill?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

They don't go all the way down on any Esprit, there's not enough room in the door! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Another way to make sure you keep both hands on the steering:P

Something I learned about cars or planes, it all works until it doesn't anymore...sometime there is no way around it!

You will find the sil too high for comfort anyway.  Worth looking into the relay mod for the window motors, put it on the list.  Full current for the motors (by design) goes through the switch, which eventually melts the switch/results in very slow windows.  Run a decent large wire with positive feed straight to the doors, and use the original wiring to switch a pair of relays.  Instructions are in the forum...

1 hour ago, simon a-b said:

You will find the sil too high for comfort anyway.  Worth looking into the relay mod for the window motors, put it on the list.  Full current for the motors (by design) goes through the switch, which eventually melts the switch/results in very slow windows.  Run a decent large wire with positive feed straight to the doors, and use the original wiring to switch a pair of relays.  Instructions are in the forum...

thanks Simon - do you have a link to the instructions?  My search failed :(