free hit
counters
Nitrons - Price?I - Page 2 - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

The Lotus nitrons are very very bespoke and Nitron will not supply the same spec (They could by supplying three ways but wont)

The ones fitted at the factory are in fact three ways but with one adjuster missing, they also supply 40mm fronts and 46mm rears.

Nitron supply46 front and rear

Happy to chat at length about this product as I have extensive knowledge and experience with them.

The first job on my new 360 cup is calling at Nitron on my first drive (collection from factory) and having them changed to 3 ways and the valving changed to suit me and the different spring rates the car needs!!!!!! (IMHO)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You guys have just made me realise we don't have our JRZ dampers in our online store... they may be an alternative option for you... I'll get onto it ASAP! Dave

I went through this last year, here is what I found out... You can buy the 1-way and the 3-way from Nitron and vendors like TLF. You can only get 2-way from Lotus. Even Nitron won't sell you

Pat is now the Lotus salesman at Hofmanns of Henley! I'm sure they took notes though  

Posted Images

On 8 February 2016 at 14:01, quantum2000 said:

Been thinking about the Nitrons for mine too, but also the Ohlins. I came across Mick Garner racing (http://www.mickgardnerracing.com/) who are an authorised dealer, also work very closely with Lotus!. From looking on there Facebook page they've installed them on quite a few Exige V6

ohlins.jpg

These look interesting

ohlins 2.jpg

ohlins 3.jpg

The first picture is a set of factory optional Ohlins TTX 36mm 2-way. Think they are around 4k on the tick list. Th lower set is the in car adjustable TTX, not sure of the extra cost but I doubt you'll see change from another 2.5-3k o top of the set of dampers. Those are for Russ's personal Evora I believe

If it were my money being spent, I'd go with a set of ohlins 46mm 2-way coilovers over the Nitrons, and i'd get russ at Mick Gardner to spec and install them. Can't go wrong!

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Seriouslylotus said:

The Lotus nitrons are very very bespoke and Nitron will not supply the same spec (They could by supplying three ways but wont)

The ones fitted at the factory are in fact three ways but with one adjuster missing, they also supply 40mm fronts and 46mm rears.

Nitron supply46 front and rear

Happy to chat at length about this product as I have extensive knowledge and experience with them.

The first job on my new 360 cup is calling at Nitron on my first drive (collection from factory) and having them changed to 3 ways and the valving changed to suit me and the different spring rates the car needs!!!!!! (IMHO)

If you could post up what Spring rates etc you end up going with that would be helpful. I'm leaning more and more to making nitrons my next mod but have zero experience with suspension so would like to see what others go with to help me decide. 

Cheers

3 hours ago, TheKevlarKid said:

The first picture is a set of factory optional Ohlins TTX 36mm 2-way. Think they are around 4k on the tick list. Th lower set is the in car adjustable TTX, not sure of the extra cost but I doubt you'll see change from another 2.5-3k o top of the set of dampers. Those are for Russ's personal Evora I believe

If it were my money being spent, I'd go with a set of ohlins 46mm 2-way coilovers over the Nitrons, and i'd get russ at Mick Gardner to spec and install them. Can't go wrong!

Indeed! i bumped into Russ at Spa at the LoT trackday the other week, and he was finalising the setuo of the in-car adjustable TTX on his Evora. Hugely knowledgable and friendly chap. I have always been planning on a set of TTX somewhere along the line for my Cup, fitted at Motorsport, but I reckon a trip up to MGR instead might now be more likely.

9 hours ago, Seriouslylotus said:

and the different spring rates the car needs!!!!!! (IMHO)

Hi Dave, spring rates would be fine to know. Race pack comes along with 57 and 75 N/mm (front/rear). My Bilstein MDS we fitted with 75 and 90 N/mm at the end, what was in the mix for street and track a fine approvement.

23151246pm.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

:thumbup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, RedViper said:

Does anyone who has made the change have any additional feedback on the Nitron 1 ways please?

SL: what spring rates did you end up with please? is your car used on road much?

Far too much info too just quote spring rates....

We have tried various springs between 500 and 950 on the front and 700 and 1300 on the rear

It also largely depends upon what you want / expect from the car, Lotus offer the car with 550/1100 springs on the Nitron kits.

These are ok but in my opinion have there short comings on the road (rear) and on the track (front)

Additionally there is a whole host of testing and adjustments we have made to damper lengths (overall and stroke) as well as changes to pistons, shim stacks and valves in the dampers for the V6.

One set of dampers that have been fitted to Ishy's V6 have had about 6 sets of different springs before we found the sweet spot for what he wanted.

My car is totally different spring wise (very very stiff) but the on road manners are quite acceptable to me, but brilliant on circuit. I spent yesterday at Donington and used 140litres of super unleaded fine tuning damper settings.

Like wise Ishy has just completed a 2500 mile euro trip and in that time he did lots of damper tweaking, I have to say I am impressed with where he has ended up.

I shall be sending his dampers back to Nitron (hopefully next week) for which we hope will be the last 'adjustment to internal damper parts  

• Like 1