free hit
counters
Nitrons - Price?I - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

When I ordered my car Nitrons were an £1800 option (I think). 

I decided not to go for them as I wanted to see how I found the standard suspension. Now I'm thinking about Nitrons again and wondered if anyone knew the cost to add these (the same version offered by Lotus when you order a car)?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You guys have just made me realise we don't have our JRZ dampers in our online store... they may be an alternative option for you... I'll get onto it ASAP! Dave

I went through this last year, here is what I found out... You can buy the 1-way and the 3-way from Nitron and vendors like TLF. You can only get 2-way from Lotus. Even Nitron won't sell you

Pat is now the Lotus salesman at Hofmanns of Henley! I'm sure they took notes though  

Posted Images

I can find out for you on Monday and if you upgrade your TLF account you'll get 10% off too :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

The 2 options available for the V6 are the Track Day spec 1-way adjustables at £1,890 inc or the Race spec 3 way adjustables at £3,420 inc. 

That's before the 10% off for full forum members (£24 well spent in this instance!). 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Been thinking about the Nitrons for mine too, but also the Ohlins. I came across Mick Garner racing (http://www.mickgardnerracing.com/) who are an authorised dealer, also work very closely with Lotus!. From looking on there Facebook page they've installed them on quite a few Exige V6

ohlins.jpg.66e3e781b88f320b51b71852c487b

These look interesting

56b8916ec2948_ohlins2.jpg.6cf7b3b63e5af5

56b8917b10b74_ohlins3.jpg.417a6e0788bceb

2 hours ago, quantum2000 said:

Been thinking about the Nitrons for mine too, but also the Ohlins. I came across Mick Garner racing (http://www.mickgardnerracing.com/) who are an authorised dealer, also work very closely with Lotus!. From looking on there Facebook page they've installed them on quite a few Exige V6

ohlins.jpg.66e3e781b88f320b51b71852c487b

These look interesting

56b8916ec2948_ohlins2.jpg.6cf7b3b63e5af5

56b8917b10b74_ohlins3.jpg.417a6e0788bceb

OMG. How much do these cost and how much can you control from the cabin?!

5 hours ago, Bibs said:

The 2 options available for the V6 are the Track Day spec 1-way adjustables at £1,890 inc or the Race spec 3 way adjustables at £3,420 inc. 

That's before the 10% off for full forum members (£24 well spent in this instance!). 

Thanks! 

Hmm very tempted with the one way adjustables. 

Can I be really stupid and ask, whereabouts do I order from to get the 10% discount? I was going to order direct through Lotus or my dealer but if I can order at 10% less then I guess it's just a case of finding somewhere to fit them?

If you want them, you need to upgrade your account on here and I'll add them to our online shop and give you a discount code. Only takes 2 mins. Please be aware, there's about a 2 week lead time at the moment unless they have them on the shelf.

Evora NA

I doubt you'll see the exact spec but there's quite a lot of info on www.nitron.co.uk

Evora NA

Thanks Bibs, but I was wondering precisely which ones Lotus were offering as an option. When it comes to my cars handling, I have always previously gone with the 'Lotus' option.

Edited to add -

Is this it, or do Lotus tweak it in any way?

http://www.nitron.co.uk/catalogue_item.php?catID=12230&prodID=84590&mprodID=61933

I went through this last year, here is what I found out...

You can buy the 1-way and the 3-way from Nitron and vendors like TLF.

You can only get 2-way from Lotus. Even Nitron won't sell you a set!

They all use the same 46mm dampner the only differences are the adjustment options.

1-way you can get for circa £1800, 2-way circa £2800, 3-way around £3200

Most people for the difference in cost between 2 and 3 way stump up the cash and get the 3-way version.

For me and I do quite a bit of track work but I went with the 1-way, simply as a number of the S2 guys seemed more than happy with the 1-way and I'd rather spend my time on track versus worrying about my settings as I'm not a suspension guru that can dial in the science to perfect the 3-way.

The 1-way is doing me fine and I'm quite content, however to change the adjustment is a ball ache at the rear as the location of the dial is obstructed so you have to remove the back wheel to adjust it. It is a ball ache but I can live with it...

My understanding of the 3-way is that it's super easy to access the adjustment. 

One word of warning don't expect the standard kits to lower your car, they don't! If you want to lower the car as part of the upgrade then you need to ask them to build you your kit using the "low" design. We went through three designs to perfect a setup that lowered the car but didn't impact dampening or performance of the actual shocks. Ask for Pat at Nitron he has all the specs.

Lastly if I was to do it again I'd consider the entry kits JRZ and Ohlins. This said the Nitrons are good for the price and the service I had from them was excellent.

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

Thanks Imran, that's really useful information. I had the Lotus Sport two way Ohlins on my previous Elise and to be honest I never adjusted the rebound, just played with the compression so two way (let alone three way!) was wasted on me. The one big advantage of the two way Ohlins was the rear adjusters (for compression) were mounted remotely so it was dead easy to make adjustments. The fronts were on the damper but they were easily adjustable as you could just turn the wheels out of the way.

Frankly, if I had to go to the hassle of removing a wheel to make an adjustment I would simply never bother, which defeats the point of adjustable dampers.

Do the two way Cup Nitrons have remote adjustment on the rear, or do they suffer with the same access problem?

3 hours ago, alias23 said:

Ask for Pat at Nitron he has all the specs.

Pat is now the Lotus salesman at Hofmanns of Henley! I'm sure they took notes though :) 

• Like 1

Evora NA

23 hours ago, Neal H said:

Do the two way Cup Nitrons have remote adjustment on the rear, or do they suffer with the same access problem?

My understanding is that the Two and three way both come with remote adjustment front and back as standard

www.alias23.com

On 2/12/2016 at 20:21, alias23 said:

You can only get 2-way from Lotus. Even Nitron won't sell you a set!

I'd imagine part of the supply agreement with Lotus is that since Lotus would have helped develop them, only Lotus can sell them. 

They're £643 + VAT per corner (including road spring, they aren't available separately) so £3,086 inc before a 10% TLF discount.

Evora NA

• Bibs changed the title to Nitrons - Price?I
  • 3 months later...
On 13/2/2016 at 21:26, Bibs said:

I'd imagine part of the supply agreement with Lotus is that since Lotus would have helped develop them, only Lotus can sell them. 

They're £643 + VAT per corner (including road spring, they aren't available separately) so £3,086 inc before a 10% TLF discount.

Sent you a message since I Would like to get the 10% discount.