free hit
counters
Lowering Seats - Possible? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Lowering Seats - Possible?

Hi chaps.  I'm loving my new Exige, but it would be better still if I could get the driver's seat lower.  I'm 6 foot tall and long in the body so I don't have a lot of headroom; a track-day helmet would be a tight fit.

I find the standard seats really comfortable so I'm keen to keep them.  Has anyone successfully lowered theirs? 

I found these TALLRails

They don't claim compatibility with the Exige V6, but I wonder if anyone had tried them?

Thanks.

• 3 months later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found this thread, after thinking the same.. I removed the hard top today and loved it, half fitting the soft top , which will help on track days with the helmet, as also 6.3ft 

Ive got the lowering rails but not had the V6 long after changing from a VX220... so not keen to removing seats lol 

It's only 4 very easy to access bolts...

13_01medium.gif

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

It's the same as the vx removal.

Roof off tracking is more fun.

Problem with that rail kit is it locks the seat and raises the leg support which used to be a pain if you had long legs.

I didn't get any response to the query here or elsewhere.  What I've done for now is raise the front of the existing rails by putting in some spacers. This tilts the seat back a few degrees while still allow forward/back adjustment.

It's a pretty subtle change but I can move the seat 1 click forward for a better leg position while having a slightly better view of the instruments.  It works for me (shortish legs, tall body) but may not if you're comfortably over 6'.

I wish I could find a good solution to this problem. Not for me, as I'm a very reasonable 5'-9", but for my 6'-4" son. We were on track at Spa last week and with the skid lid on, he just doesn't fit in the car with the soft top in place. The plastic bar is immediately above his head, meaning he would have to cant his head right over towards the centre of the cabin, which isn't ideal. Luckily it didn't rain while we were on track over the 3 days (unusual for Spa), but that can't always be relied on, obviously. 

He just about fits in the cabin without the helmet and the soft top on for road driving, but there's no more that a Rizla's thickness above his head. I love doing track days with him and have thought about getting an Evora, to get him comfortable, but trouble is I really love my Exige. 

• 1 year later...

Has anyone found a solution to this problem? I can't find the Sector 111 Tall rails online now.

I haven't used my Exige a great deal this year until this week and after being used to my daily M135i I'm finding the Lotus seat position slightly awkward and less 'sporty', which isn't good! I'm only around 6ft so not massively tall, I switch between fully back and forward one click in an attempt to get comfy but I just generally feel too high in the cabin.

I've scoured the net considering other subframe options (LHD, Lotus Racing FIA kit) but aren't sure if any viable options exist? I wouldn't think it's too hard to fabricate a floor mounted plate/bracket with side mounts to accommodate the standard seat/belts with multiple holes to change position, but sadly I'm not equipped to do this!

Losing the runners may also eradicate the multitude of squeaks my car has developed since fitting Nitrons. <_<

I must say, @NathR, the fixed sidemounts I use on my Tillett are a joy,  most notably not having to contend with the 'standard' rocking back and forth the factory runners all suffer from! A useful bonus is a lower seating position, but that was a happy side-effect, rather than something I was seeking out.

Thanks for the responses.

I did suspect a Tillet would be suggested funnily enough! :lol: I can't really justify going to that length though, and really want to keep the standard seats (even though they offer next to no support)!

1 hour ago, NathR said:

Thanks for the responses.

I did suspect a Tillet would be suggested funnily enough! :lol: I can't really justify going to that length though, and really want to keep the standard seats (even though they offer next to no support)!

Agree going Tillet is a big step lol

The B5 is pretty good for support. I've also just upgraded to 6 point harness (added the crotch strap) and the extra 'hold' is excellent!

www.alias23.com