free hit
counters
KomoTec EX370 - Anyone Have it? - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

KomoTec EX370 - Anyone Have it?

RedViper

Hi

I have had my Exige for nearly 2 years now and have been wanting to buy some mods for a longtime but always had the thought in back of head about warranty and also wanted to see is any reliability issues arose once people stuck a few miles on their modded cars, but from what I have read on forums such as this these modded cars seem to be holding up very well.

So I thought i may start with the basic EX370 upgrade but wondered if anyone has? and whether it would be worth a 500 miles round trip to have fitted and remap done? with a view to going to EX430 later.

I have also been wanting an exhaust for a long time but I want something loud for road and quiet for track and as yet nobody has come up with a solution although I have spoke with 2bular recently. I could start a whole other topic on this but the major thing i was missing when wondering why i couldn't get an exhaust and just isolate vacuum hose to exhaust valve to keep it quiet for trackdays (assuming with valve shut it was still up to job) was that the exhaust valve is fail open so if you pulled vac hose or fuse to solenoid it would stay open.

So anyway.. any thoughts on EX370 would be appreciated.

Cheers 

Edited by RedViper

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
4 hours ago, Hangar 111 said:

Chris,

We have the Komo-Tec switchable exhaust now, which can do what you want:

http://www.hangar111.com/shop/lotus-exige-v6-exhaust-system/641-exige-evora-s-v6-komotec-switchable-sports-exhaust.html

Dave

Hi Dave

I assumed your exhaust would simply mimic the standard one i.e. at 4500 revs the valve is open regardless and so unless its no louder than stock it would still tip you over noise restriction for track days?

Your exhaust does sound nice however. do you have a decibel reading at the usual 3/4 revs 0.5m 45 degree test please?

1 hour ago, alias23 said:

I haven't got the KT370 kit but can for sure recommend adding an induction (which this includes) really does improve the driving experience!

I think i read one of your posts elsewhere.. do you have the lotus motorsport induction kit?

cheers

Edited by RedViper

Yes lotus motorsport. However with the KT option you get mapping to improve performance further so if you're going to go induction then if you can get the KT package from Hanger111, I would have done if it was available at the time when I was looking into this...

www.alias23.com

• 1 month later...

I booked my car in yesterday to have this fitted at the end of May. Looking forward to seeing what it's like and I'll report back. If nothing else it looks good through the the rear glass screen :)

• Like 1

I ended up going for the SSC induction kit and been waiting on a 2bular track system for little while now too. 

I would have got the EX370 but time I factored in getting there and back etc I just didn't think it was worth it. 

plan is to get manifold later this year or early next so will pay H111 or Essex auto sport a visit then. 

If the komotec induction kit sounds anything like the SSC one it will be worth it for sound alone. I'm convinced it's a little quicker too and throttle response certainly better ??. 

Its a shame there is no tuners in north of country 

• 1 month later...
On 2 April 2016 at 08:57, ChrisBuer said:

I booked my car in yesterday to have this fitted at the end of May. Looking forward to seeing what it's like and I'll report back. If nothing else it looks good through the the rear glass screen :)

Chris did you go down the route of the KT370 kit and if so did you also get the ECU remap - feedback?

www.alias23.com

I'm interested in this "basic" upgrade too, just to add a little "je ne sais quoi" to this already very powerful roadster ... Not really needed for a 90% road use, but it can help the behaviour to be a little more wild yet, and it dresses up the engine bay too ;)  ! and, I don't know why, but it bothers me that the claimed 350 hp are said not to be there on the dyno on most (all ?) cars :blush: ! we pay taxes (now very expensive here) on this theorical power, I want to have my "investment" back :P ! furthermore, I assume it is safe enough for an IPS car, and leave one more step (EX390) later if needed, in order to have the feeling of a new car when passion fades ...

I plan to have it fitted at Komo-tec facilities... a good way to visit the area ;) !

please keep us informed if anyone fit it on his car ...

On 1 June 2016 at 07:28, alias23 said:

Chris did you go down the route of the KT370 kit and if so did you also get the ECU remap - feedback?

Unfortunately I had to cancel due to a business trip but I will rebook when I have time to leave the car there a while. Work is just so busy at the moment that I'll need to wait a little while. I'll report back when it's done though!

• 2 years later...