free hit
counters
Royal Deeside Speed Festival - Display Entries - Page 2 - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Royal Deeside Speed Festival - Display Entries

• Gold FFM
On ‎10‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 19:45, Mxvx said:

Sorry, Room for 1 more Evora? Who can I send money to for entry?

Stewart 

Apologies for the delay, but the organisers have been swamped with enquiries and have only just answered. Yes, there is still room to 'squeeze' you in if you're still interested - I'll PM you with the payment details.

• 3 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not entirely sure what happened to the "display stand" but I assume the wet weather overnight meant relocation to the public car park.  Marshalls up there had no clue about it when I showed up at 8.30

What a great sunny day and amazing setting for a car event.  Was great to see such a good turn out. Met the nice chaps from Murray Motor Group and saw the LEGS cars.   David, you put in a go

Lets get this rolling as it seems a wee bit quiet for an attendance thread.  All paid up... I just have the small task of rebuilding things before august whilst finishing house move  RDSF Entrants

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

I have received today, the 'joining' instructions, site layout plan, and the car entry passes and complimentary tickets for everybody.

I'll send you all out the maps and details via PM in the next couple of days or so, just as soon as I can get myself a replacement scanner as mine went into meltdown this morning. We'll need to arrange a rendezvous point for 'on the day' so that I can divide up all the passes and tickets but I'll break it to you now - there's no gentle way of doing this - you'll need to be at the entry gate for no later than 0730 :o as we've been allocated a very tight time slot to get everybody inside. As I'm competing in the hillclimb, I have to enter via a different route and attend a drivers' briefing so I may be looking for a volunteer to take charge of the display area as I can't be in 2 places at once.

@twinrotor2 @Sbfdave @Duggie @KenLondon @Mxvx 

@johnpwalsh - I'll email the info to 'your' CLNES guys but if you could also liaise with them that'd be great, :thumbup: . With your 'previous' on the organisational front, I was hoping you might be the man for the job in the display area?

Looks like we're going to have a not too shabby turn-out at the end of the day, with 12 'static' cars, Kieran (Fueltheburn) and myself in the hillclimb, plus MMC displaying some new stuff.

Cheers

David

• Gold FFM

Hi David, we will pass all the info you are giving us and make sure everyone complies. Me, I am not going to make it as I have managed to secure a job and will be away from home on the day. Wendy will be with the M100 and is not too sure of the roads so I will have a convoy organised from Aberdeen to make sure they all land together in plenty of time.

Cheers.

John.
  • Gold FFM

I've PM'd or emailed everybody attending but just in case anything goes pear-shaped with that, here's a copy of the joining instructions and event layout plans : Speed Festival Entry & Maps.pdf .

• Gold FFM

All car passes and complimentary tickets (x2 each) have now been posted out so you should all have them within the next day or so, Royal Mail willing.

I'll be flying in from Qatar on Saturday and looking forward to getting home and getting to a car show on Sunday.  This event sounds terrific,  really looking forward to it.

Hi team and especially to David who appears to have become Organiser in Chief of The Lotus Forums' stand :-)

Room for one more on Sunday?!

I was speaking to Tony Yule this week, when he mentioned he's displaying his Evora on your stand as it's for sale.  I'm in the same boat (with a 2010 NA).  So whilst we hadn't planned to bring the Evora (we have an entry in the Soapbox compo and need the family barge to transport that), it seemed like an opportunity to join the gang.  We could bring both cars.  Having the Evora on site for 7.30am is no problem as we are camping nearby.

I hang out in the Scottish Elises forum so don't get over here very often I'm afraid, but if you might have room for "just one more" then please let me know asap!

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread, especially the nailbiter around April / May when the entry looked uncertain.  How things change eh ;-)

thanks for considering and see you all on Sunday no matter what

Campbell

Going to be a long shot here, but my pal was on an Evo stand or similar for RDSF, they were short numbers, and looking to make up spaces. Not being able to attend myself untill afternoon I asked my auld man and brother if they wanted to take the exige. The stands now fallen through apparently and not going ahead, wasn't sure if you knew if there was anyway they could get added on as a +1 onto your stand? as they were both looking forward too it and I wasn't keen too let them down. If it's going to be too much of a hassle or can't be done that's fine was just looking for a possibility.

As Campbell above I mostly lurk around on SE, but do occasionally come over to TLF for a look. Have met in with a couple of people from TLF last year at speedfest would be good to see more of you's! 

Thanks

. Callum 

What a great sunny day and amazing setting for a car event.  Was great to see such a good turn out.

Met the nice chaps from Murray Motor Group and saw the LEGS cars.  

David, you put in a good show on the hill climb, have some camera phone video clip if you would like it.

• Like 2
  • Gold FFM
On ‎22‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 09:14, K666ADM said:

David, you put in a good show on the hill climb, have some camera phone video clip if you would like it.

Thanks, and I can't even claim that I was just giving the spark plugs a clean as they were brand new on Friday, :lol:. If you can post the video clip on here, that'd be great. :thumbsup: 

I've got some in-car footage which I'm hoping to post up soonish.

On ‎22‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 09:19, Campbell said:

Not entirely sure what happened to the "display stand" but I assume the wet weather overnight meant relocation to the public car park. 

Exactly this.

Any idea of setting up a display stand in the allocated spot was quickly dismissed at the sight of other entrants being dragged into the field on the end of a tow-rope attached to one of these.............

Tractor.jpg