free hit
counters
Royal Deeside Speed Festival - Display Entries - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Alfa2Evora

Royal Deeside Speed Festival - Display Entries

There is already a thread on here that has been running for a couple of months, giving some general details of this exciting new event in the Scottish calendar - http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/78897-21st-august-2016-the-royal-deeside-speed-festival-new-event-for-ne-scotland/ .

The organisers are keen for there to be a Lotus presence (if nothing else, some of us should be there offering moral support to Brandon with his MMC stand) and some interest has already been shown on Club Lotus North East Scotland and Scottish Elises amongst others, so it's now time to rally the troops and get the LEGS flag flying.

The hillclimb is oversubscribed and so no further entries are being accepted - sorry - but there is plenty of space available for static display. It is our intention to group all the various Lotus clubs 'en masse' in one area for greater visual impact.

The organisers need to be able to plan the layout well in advance and so require a firm commitment from those interested in attending. To this end, they have set a cut-off date for the submission of the club stand application form which needs to be accompanied by payment in full - which is £15 per car (including driver + 1 passenger), offering a potential saving over the 'on the day' spectator entry fee of £15 per person.

Please add your name to the list below ONLY if you are certain to attend and I'll PM you the payment details in due course. I realise that it's sometimes difficult to plan for tomorrow never mind 6 months from now so get Sunday 21st August marked off in your diaries now. I will be booking and paying for the stand in mid-March so I'm afraid if you're 'hard-earned' hasn't reached me by Sunday 19th March your name will be removed from the entry list. Harsh, I know, but I don't fancy shelling-out £15 a time of my own money for no-shows.

N.B. If you've already added your name to a list with another club, please don't confuse by adding it here too, although I'm sure you'll be quick to notice if more than 1 person starts chasing you for the entry fee. Also, if you're registered to take part in the hillclimb please don't add your name to this list as all hillclimb entrants are being parked in a separate area and will already have paid the entry fee for this (or at least I know that I have anyway). If you've already booked and paid for an individual entry but would now like to be part of the main Lotus display, please PM me your details and I'll ask the organisers to merge you with us.

RDSF 2016 Display

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Lets get this rolling as it seems a wee bit quiet for an attendance thread.  All paid up... I just have the small task of rebuilding things before august whilst finishing house move :lol:

RDSF Entrants

1. Kieran Lee (Ethel on the hill :driving:)

• Like 1

Yeah, we're off the mark. I was beginning to think maybe I needed to change my aftershave or something, :P.

The minimum entry number for a club stand is 5 cars so nearly there - mine doesn't count unfortunately as I'll be over in the hillclimb entrants display area.

@Fueltheburn Kieran - as you say you're "all paid up", I'll ask the organisers to merge you into 'our' group entry.

David I see you haven't added your name to this list due to being a hillclimb entrant.

I am also registered for the hillclimb so don't know if my name is to be removed from the list here?

2 hours ago, Fueltheburn said:

I am also registered for the hillclimb so don't know if my name is to be removed from the list here?

Ah, then you'll be over t'other side with me.

So that's only 2 so far for the static display, although one of the organisers (Tony Yule) is looking for somewhere to park his Evora so I'm sure we could find him a space.

The 'deadline' for submitting club entries has been extended until Sunday 10th April to give the great undecided a bit more time.

If we don't by then have the minimum requirement for a club entry of 5 cars then we'll need to revert to Plan B which is to merge our individual entries with CLNES - the intention all along was for all the Loti to be parked in the same area in any case.

@twinrotor2 @Sbfdave @johnpwalsh

Looks like I'll be free :)

2. Jim Selkirk (Elise S )

3. Dave MacPherson (Evora S)

4. Duggie (Elise S2)

• Like 1

4. Duggie (Elise S2)

5. Ken London (Elise S1)

• Like 1

One more, that's all we need. Just one more, :) .

Anybody? :ermm:

I feel like a condemned man on Death Row with all these last minute reprieves I keep getting on the entry submission deadline but I think this time the lever is about to be thrown.

Final decision on the next course of action will be announced this coming weekend - watch this space!

OK, so as you might have gathered from the time interval since my last post on here, there is another extension to the submission date for the entries to this event but it will have to go in soon. If you know anybody who might be interested, can you give them a nudge please?

MMC will be there so it would be nice to back up their presence with a reasonable turnout of satisfied owners - at the moment all the other clubs attending (Aston, TVR, Porsche, etc) are way ahead in their numbers so we need to rally the troops to avoid an embarrassing "Hunt the Lotus" competition on the day.

Thanks in anticipation.

David

• Like 1

Final call for any last-minute stragglers amongst the great undecided.

The club entry is definitely, absolutely, and finally being submitted later this week so you'll need to be quick.

I'll be PMing everybody on the list (not that that'll take long) shortly with the payment details (my PayPal account) as I've got to send the entry fee off pretty much immediately after sending in our entry.

@anthonyyule  - for info

@KenLondon @Duggie @twinrotor2 @Sbfdave 

@johnpwalsh - are you wanting to amalgamate whatever CLNES entries you have along with ours?

2 hours ago, Alfa2Evora said:

Final call for any last-minute stragglers amongst the great undecided.

The club entry is definitely, absolutely, and finally being submitted later this week so you'll need to be quick.

I'll be PMing everybody on the list (not that that'll take long) shortly with the payment details (my PayPal account) as I've got to send the entry fee off pretty much immediately after sending in our entry.

@anthonyyule  - for info

@KenLondon @Duggie @twinrotor2 @Sbfdave 

@johnpwalsh - are you wanting to amalgamate whatever CLNES entries you have along with ours?

Hi David,

Thanks so much for doing this - much appreciated. I wish I could have spent the time doing this myself - but it wouldn't have gotten off the ground at all. Hats of for persevering.

To complicate matters... my new car "might" be on the MMC stand (to be confirmed) so you might have to count me out. However - I'm fairly sure I have a couple of individual static entries who might be keen to come across to the Stand. They are already paid up, so it wont affect your final rallying call.... but it might help to boost the overall numbers on the stand. We can discuss that when we talk offline.

Thanks again! T

Going to give a finl push now to see if we get confirmed responses from anyone. I do know of a couple who made interest so will chase again but it may be that they have booked individually or via Legs/Ecosse or another group. Will get back to you soonest.

Looks like my rota may change and I can make it so going to take the gamble and add my name for the static if thats ok.

4. Duggie (Elise S2)

5. Ken London (Elise S1)

6. John Walsh. S3 Esprit N/A. 1985 The Yellow Peril.

• Like 1

OK, so the entry has now been submitted to the organisers.

As soon as I get confirmation that everything is in order, you can expect to receive my begging PM for a financial contribution shortly thereafter, :).

@anthonyyule - see below

@twinrotor2 @Sbfdave @Duggie @KenLondon 

@johnpwalsh - if 'your' possibles decide to tag along, hopefully we can get them added and speak nicely to Tony to stretch our patch enough to accommodate them.

Thanks @Alfa2Evora.

Ill reply to your email tonight or tomorrow once I clear my feet. John has already submitted his entry directly to me - but I asked if he could liaise with yourself to keep things a bit simpler for me! Sorry John - I hope my wife got hold of you before you left for your holidays - lucky chap!

Id just like to say that all of our entries are now COMPLETELY FULL :) - a great achievement, and I'm chuffed to bits. 60 individual static cars, over 180 car club cars, over 150 hillclimb cars. Who would have thought! However, there is some latitude on individual clubs - and I think I have given the TLF stand a wee bit of extra room in case anybody ( @johnpwalsh ) decides they want to turn up - all I ask is that this is coordinated in good time with David B.

Entry fee of £15 per car represents great value as it comes with 2 tickets (Adult tickets on the gate are £15 each) - and there will be loads to do. We have just finished building the Landrover Experiences very first Deeside off-road circuit (and it looks awesome) and we will also have a special off-road safari too to satisfy all the 4x4 nuts. The soapbox derby should be a hoot - and of course, all day, throughout the day, will be the backdrop of 150 special cars tackling the hill climb - and they will be viewable from either the car club enclosure or the main Royal Terrace where all of the manufacturers (and the Clan BMX display team) will be set up.

Here is hoping for nice weather.... come and say hi if you see me :) 

Payment made to the organisers for our 5 car club entry.

@anthonyyule

@twinrotor2 @Sbfdave @Duggie

@KenLondon @johnpwalsh - I've paid this on your behalf as I realise you're not around at the moment. You'll be relieved to learn that my APR is somewhat less than that of Wonga et al.

Apologies for late payment. I had completely forgotten about this event. Money transferred to you by Paypal this evening

On 7 June 2016 at 16:53, anthonyyule said:

Thanks @Alfa2Evora.

Ill reply to your email tonight or tomorrow once I clear my feet. John has already submitted his entry directly to me - but I asked if he could liaise with yourself to keep things a bit simpler for me! Sorry John - I hope my wife got hold of you before you left for your holidays - lucky chap!

Id just like to say that all of our entries are now COMPLETELY FULL :) - a great achievement, and I'm chuffed to bits. 60 individual static cars, over 180 car club cars, over 150 hillclimb cars. Who would have thought! However, there is some latitude on individual clubs - and I think I have given the TLF stand a wee bit of extra room in case anybody ( @johnpwalsh ) decides they want to turn up - all I ask is that this is coordinated in good time with David B.

Entry fee of £15 per car represents great value as it comes with 2 tickets (Adult tickets on the gate are £15 each) - and there will be loads to do. We have just finished building the Landrover Experiences very first Deeside off-road circuit (and it looks awesome) and we will also have a special off-road safari too to satisfy all the 4x4 nuts. The soapbox derby should be a hoot - and of course, all day, throughout the day, will be the backdrop of 150 special cars tackling the hill climb - and they will be viewable from either the car club enclosure or the main Royal Terrace where all of the manufacturers (and the Clan BMX display team) will be set up.

Here is hoping for nice weather.... come and say hi if you see me :) 

Sorry, Room for 1 more Evora? Who can I send money to for entry?

Stewart 

4 hours ago, Mxvx said:

Sorry, Room for 1 more Evora? Who can I send money to for entry?

Stewart 

@anthonyyule  Is the "wee bit of extra room" that you think you've given the TLF stand big enough to accommodate another Evora?

7 hours ago, Alfa2Evora said:

@anthonyyule  Is the "wee bit of extra room" that you think you've given the TLF stand big enough to accommodate another Evora?

Is this is an addition to the 10 which TLF have taken? i.e. the original 5 which has recently been increased by a further 5. If not - then thats entirety between yourselves to decide who is coming along.... if you require extra space then let me know because we are busy busy busy :):) 

2 hours ago, anthonyyule said:

Is this is an addition to the 10 which TLF have taken? i.e. the original 5 which has recently been increased by a further 5. If not - then thats entirety between yourselves to decide who is coming along.... if you require extra space then let me know because we are busy busy busy :):) 

Yes, this would be #11, plus a bit of space for yours as well of course so a few more square inches would be required if that's possible?