free hit
counters
Hants Meet 11th March at The Drift Inn - Topics - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Hants Meet 11th March at The Drift Inn

DaveC72

• Gold FFM

After an initially good start, a couple of misfires and a fresh start in 2016, the Hants Massive is ready to kick on.

Meet here for Lotus based anorak-ing and car talk, Friday 11th March from 1930 onwards.

1. DaveC72

2. The Pits

3. pbharcourt

4. Timk

• 3 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Went for a 'test drive' at the Drift Inn and to my pleasant surprise it has been very nicely refurbed and is not at all deserving of my 'Harvester' slight! The food is great too. If there was any interest in eating there I can reserve us a table. Otherwise it's pints and peanuts and carry on as you were.

Given Tim's interest in a G Turbo it might be worth giving the owner of the yellow Elf car another heads up Dave. Just don't call it a 'meet'!

The location is terrific, this could be a regular Hants Haunt (besides the Odeon IMAX)!

:thumbup:

1. DaveC72

2. The Pits

3. pbharcourt

4. Timk

5. Bueller?

Come on Hants. Let's have at it!

Last call for Hants tomorrow. Free peanuts for everyone, you can't say fairer than that.

Weather's looking good too.

What time could you make it Dave? I'm thinking there might be a good photo op at sunset, that's just after 6pm.

:thumbup:

• Gold FFM

Sunset due 1804.

It'll be a challenge for me to get there then, but will do my best.

Looking forward to it - anyone bringing their OH?

Kevin the next one will most definitely be nearer you if you're able to make it but Dave and I have to hedge our bets based on past attendance levels!

Never mind about sunset, plenty of opportunities for that later in the year. Just thinking out loud (not usually a great idea on the internet I know!).

I would love to bring Lucy but we would have to arrange a baby sitter so just me I'm afraid. Your other half would be most welcome of course (and help boost attendance numbers no end!).

• Gold FFM

That's great news Kevin.

On the plus side, no one will see how dirty my car will be having driven back from Beirut (Barking) that afternoon...

You upstaged everyone last time Paul! You could probably get the entire Hants turnout in one Lotus - no mean feat!

Good to see the Hants faithful. Enjoyed the drive home but got flashed a lot, hard to know if they are appreciating Giugiaro's classic lines or I need my headlights adjusting....

;)

Until the next time!

Really nice to go out and talk about man stuff.

I particularly enjoyed Dave's speech on the future of the EU, it took four of us to wrestle him off the soap box...ha.ha.ha..:lol:

Lovely cars and nice company, what more do you need?

Edited by pbharcourt
  • Like 1

Yes great speech from the Hampshire representative for Project Fear! ;)

Paul you should have seen the amount of phones taking videos of your departure! We could still hear you burbling a good half mile away. Your car sounds and looks terrific.

How do you get it to start on a cold night on the first turn of the key like that? I have to ask my Turbo very nicely!

Magic tuning fingers!B-)

Actually I was sat in it with fingers and toes crossed that it wouldn't let me down.

I think your Esprit was the best i have seen....drool..drool...errrr..what was i saying? Just drifted off into fantasy land!

Any pictures to put up on here gents?

I went to a motor factors in Totton and was told about a guy restoring a JPS Eclat locally, is it anybody on the forum?