free hit
counters
wash exige matte black paint - Detailing - Sponsored by ValetPro - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
geartox

wash exige matte black paint

Dear all,

Do you have some tips or feedback to wash black parts in matt of the Exige (roof, rear transom...) ?

The 350 sport will be my first car with matt paint.

Thank you

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Dear Bibs,

Thank you for your quick answer. I will test these swissvax products.

Me too,

Use this for washing
http://www.swissvax.co.uk/product_detail/opaque_range/car_bath_opaque_100ml_2

and this to finish it off
http://www.swissvax.co.uk/product_detail/opaque_range/quick_finish_opaque_250ml_2

I had the car detailed from new and opaque wax applied to the matt black areas.

IMAG1104.jpg.d60dd4563dacf5f504133ddcb8f

On 12. Februar 2016 at 13:34, quantum2000 said:

Me too,

Use this for washing
http://www.swissvax.co.uk/product_detail/opaque_range/car_bath_opaque_100ml_2

and this to finish it off
http://www.swissvax.co.uk/product_detail/opaque_range/quick_finish_opaque_250ml_2

I had the car detailed from new and opaque wax applied to the matt black areas.

IMAG1104.jpg

Hi Jeff,

did you also cleaned the matt parts of the car first with the Swissvax pre cleaner for opaque?

I have the normal mirage wax, and I wonder if it is really needed to use the opaque wax, as our black matt is - to be honest - normal black plastic. It is not really a matt paint, isn't it?

thanks,

johnny

Hi Johnny,

It is a matt black paint, not just plastic and as such needs cleaning with products designed for matt finishes. If normal wax based shampoo's are used it eventually leaves the matt looking shiny. 

When the car was first detailed, pre-cleaner was used before the opaque wax. I've never used it since. It comes up great just using the opaque shampoo and detailer.

Jeff

dear all,

Time for me to give a feedback. I have also used the opaque swissvax products : pre cleaner opaque + opaque wax. I also used quick finish opaque as quick detailer. Good products. Easy to use and good results.

Should you use pre cleaner before to use the wax ? technically I can't say if this is bullshit or not (marketing bullshit seems now a standard in any domain), but it works well for me. 

For the interior plastic (and even leather) I used "poorboy natural look", I like the result. For external plastic I used "autofiness dressle", I am less convinced by this one (need to spray a lot). For tire dressing, I use "meguiars endurance", good and durable result.

Two others points to consider : anodized aluminium and exhaust... for the moment , water works fine :)

2 hours ago, Johnny said:

Hi Jeff,

did you also cleaned the matt parts of the car first with the Swissvax pre cleaner for opaque?

I have the normal mirage wax, and I wonder if it is really needed to use the opaque wax, as our black matt is - to be honest - normal black plastic. It is not really a matt paint, isn't it?

thanks,

johnny

Johnny,

I know people that even have two sets of sponges etc ... one for the matt and one for the regular paint ... as my car is matt all over I do not have this headache ... but can certainly confirm that I would use opaque only. 

Cheers

Norbert

Ok, ok, you guys convinced me. So I will place again another order at Swissvax, to get the opaqe stuff as well......

i will let you know the results soon,

Cheers,

johnny

• Like 1

Only collected mine yesterday and done almost 200 mlies. .. Monday will be giving the car a good clean.. new to matte black finish so will feedback the outcome after reading all the tips

On 01/05/2016 at 05:30, mbes2 said:

Only collected mine yesterday and done almost 200 mlies. .. Monday will be giving the car a good clean.. new to matte black finish so will feedback the outcome after reading all the tips

Very easy to clean... used matte detailer spray to finish off. Looks brand new

IMG-20160504-WA0025.jpeg

• Like 1

Looks great ;-) Always good to see another matte black ...

Agree looks great.

I find that the matt black parts on mine attract people to wanting to touch it. I've lost count on the number of times I've had to use the detailer spray to remove finger prints.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, quantum2000 said:

Agree looks great.

I find that the matt black parts on mine attract people to wanting to touch it. I've lost count on the number of times I've had to use the detailer spray to remove finger prints.

Guys ... we are all the same OCD types ... I am on my second bottle already ;-) ... and meanwhile tell people not to touch the car ;-)

• Like 1

On 05/05/2016 at 11:01, NW76 said:

Guys ... we are all the same OCD types ... I am on my second bottle already ;-) ... and meanwhile tell people not to touch the car ;-)

Im still at the point of touching it myself lol

Get a room :D 

Goodmorning everyone
as I wrote in another topic, i am new to the forum and is a bit of time that I follow and that I will read:

unfortunately I speak very little English, so, I apologize, I have to use a translator.

I wanted to ask if anyone of you knows and uses MEGUIARS products (www.meguiars.ch)?

If you which type for what? car wash, black matte, drying ...

See you soon :)

I use Meguiars (on the non matt blacks bits)

Gold class shampoo and conditioner
Lambswool mit
Water magnet drying towel
Ultimate quick detailer 

Thank you and, I think, it's OK ? you feel comfortable ?

and for wheels and for matt blacks bits ?

Im currently using `Chemical Guys Matte Detailer` & `Angelwax Luminosity Matte Quick Detailer 500ml`

still on the angelwax brand but so far really impressed.